Chapter 23

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a sec chicka may may. What do you mean you have a secret? I'm the only one here who should have a really personal secret that should only be told when cornered into it." I said. Jackie glared.

''I'm serious about this. Now, c'mon spill it.'' Jackie said.

"You have to tell me yours first." Jackie looked at me, she was about to tell her deepest darkest secret. And then I was going to tell mine. It's like that one time when we were little back in middle school, and told each other stuff that we've never told anyone.

''Remember back in High School?''

''Yah? Be more specific please.''

''Well, I...I...'' Jackie was on the brink of tears, she looked at the floor, not wanting to meet my gaze. My face fell, and I put an arm around Jackie hugging her.

''If it's that bad. You don't have to say it." Jackie looked up from the floor. She sniffed. "I'll still tell you, but you have to promise, no one is to know. Because I will literally hunt you down." Jackie gave off a slight smile, and nodded.

"Alright. Now tell me." I swallowed down my fear. What's weird was that, I was more afraid of telling someone about who I really am, than I am of Scale. I spilled it. All of it. From the legend, to the orphanage.

"Oh...My....God."

"Correction, it's Gods. Seeing as I met one, the other day."

"So, what made you get here? And you still didn't tell me about how you got a sore throat." I smiled. I told her the rest. Including the encounters and the little trip to the hospital. 

When I was finished, Jackie's back hit the couch.

''Damn, never knew your life was like that.'' I nodded. ''But how were you able to keep going? Able to stay happy?''

''Well, I always try to stay on the optimistic side of things, and instead of thinking of the bad, I think of how grateful I am...at the moment of time. Like for example, I'd think of how Bruce's parents have picked me instead of someone else, how I was given a home and understanding and loving people. Which gave me hope in life.'' Jackie smiled.

''Well, I now know why I once found you sleeping outside instead of inside, on a sleepover.'' I smiled.

''Yah, it should explain alot of what happened during our younger years.'' 

''I'll leave you to your troubles, and I swear, I won't tell anyone.'' Jackie stood heading to the door.

''You better not.'' I gave Jackie one last hug. Jackie opened the door.

''Hey, I'll see you later.''

''See ya.'' Jackie went outside the door, then she froze before letting go of the door and leaving.

''Oh, and one more thing,''

''Yah?''

''I would like to know more about this Clint guy.'' I blushed a little, causing Jackie to smile.

''What about this Clint guy?'' A voice said from down the hall, and Clint's muscular frame came in view in the doorway. Jackie was kinda behind him. Her mouth dropped, and she mouthed, 

'This is Clint? Oh he's smokin'!' I rolled my eyes at Jackie. 

''Good bye Jackie.'' I said waving.

''And good bye to you, Tammy.'' Jackie said. She gave one last wave and walked down the hall. Clint stepped in.

''You know what?'' He said when I closed the door. I turned to him.

''What?''

''I can't shake the feeling that you were talking about me.''