Chapter 21

Well, right now, I was watching Clint leave my room, down the fire escape, and onto the city street. He looked up at me, smiled and waved. I smiled and waved ack, and Clint left down the street turning a corner where I couldn't see him anymore. He had told all about SHIELD, and what exactly it is and all that jazz. I turned around and Bruce was standing there. I jumped and squeaked.

"Oh God, Bruce, don't do that!" I said as loud as I could.

"So, you're secret has reached SHIELD." Bruce said sitting down on my bed. I sat next to him.

"Yah. You heard?"

"Yah, I heard you from the living room."

"Really?"

"Eeyup." I smiled sheepishly and stood up.

"Clint said that he wants me to meet him up again with this Nick Fury guy. He's apparently the director of the whole organization."

"I'm going to need to come with you. To protect you from Scale, ya know."

"I can protect myself! Scale just caught my by surprise that time."

"Times you mean. And he might have caught you by surprise, but do you think you can go against him again? I mean looking at you, what he did to you. Are you sure you can defeat that kind of power that he has?" My face fell and I sat back down on my bed. And put my head in my hands.

"You're right, I can't go up against him. I might be able to punch a sand bag to a wall that's a couple yards in front of me, but, I can't go up against Scale. He's too powerful." During my talking session Bruce has taken a seat beside me. He put an arm around my shoulders and I put my head on his shoulder.

"What am I going to do?"

"Hey, you'll be fine. I'll be there to-" Bruce was cut short when a knock came to the door.

"Stay here." I nodded and Bruce got up and went to the door. The sound of a door opening came, then I heard a voice, that I haven't heard in years.

"Bruce, I know Tam is in here now let me in!" The voice said. I shot up from bed and saw one of my best friends.

"Oh, my God." I murmured when I saw her. And before I knew I was hugging her tightly.

"Jackie! It's so good to see you."

A/N: Hiyo my proxies, I just have a shout out.

austinweeden1 is the one who has made the cover art. And I thank him VERY much. He's really cool and you should follow the guy. The picture is of Tammy just in case you didn't figure it out. So thank you so much, for reading you're the ones who keep me writing every day, plus the pleads that come from percabeth22. Anyway thank you guys again, and thank you austinweeden1. Good bye for now my proxies.