The Enforcer

Walking into your house you flip the light switch only to swear under your breath. "Great... powers out." You throw your purse where you think the chair is. Pulling out your phone you make your way to your bedroom. You slide off your shoes and move to your dresser. Pulling out a comfy outfit and placing it on the edge of the bed you unzip your dress and let it slide off. You bend over and pick it up. Feeling for the closet and opening it you pull out an empty hanger. Replacing it and hanging the dress back in the closet you move back to the edge of your bed.

Slowly rolling your pantyhose down your legs you toss those aside. You remove your bra and throw it in the hamper. Picking up your loungy pants you slide one leg in at a time. Then pulling the shirt over your head you hear what sounded like a breath in the dark. You stiffen, "is someone there?" You hear nothing but you know there is a bat behind your door as a precaution. Moving to it slowly you're stopped by and hand grabbing your arm. Freezing as you feel an arm come around your front.

That's when you feel the cold blade against your skin. "Who... Who are you? What do you want?" You feel his breath at your ear, "you owe the wrong people money." Your brows furrow, "what? What are you talking about I don't owe anyone money." He lets out a little laugh, "Mr. Walker doesn't agree. Just because you change towns and identities doesn't mean he can't find you." He moves the dull part of the knife across your skin. "It's a shame too because I enjoyed the show." "Wait," you yell with a shaky voice. "I can get the money just please give me two days."

He lifts the blade, "I'll be back in two days and you'd better have the money. Mr. Walker isn't a patient man. Don't turn around." You keep your eyes forward until you feel a cold chill at your back. Gaining courage you turn to the shadows. The window was open and you look around the room. Then the lights came on and you were alone in the room. Moving to the window you look out to see only darkness.

You sat on the edge of your bed. Thinking and wondering how he found you. Going back to your closet you move your clothes to the side and pull on a rope to reveal a hidden door. You step inside and look at the guns and hardware on your walls. "Time to end this once and for all."*

*

You cock your gun and place it in the holster. Then you put your leg up and slide throwing knives into the slots. Around your other ankle goes a stub nose pistol. Making sure your jacket has enough stabbing things in it you walk out from the closet. Pulling on the rope the secret door closes and you head towards the door. Making sure to grab the keys you get to your car.

Unlocking the door you open the door and get in. "Run trace on last GPS used and known location of Mr. Walker." The car started up and a very animated voice, "last known location for Mr. Walker is approximately 200 miles from here. Would you like me to map it for you?" You roll your eyes, "yes!" You watch as your screen lights up and you put the car in drive and take off.

Several thoughts run through your head but they all have one outcome. You smile at the thought of him taking his last breath and no one ever making a deal with him ever again quite appealing. Getting closer your head was getting clearer. Looking the building over it seemed you needed to slip past a couple of doormen. Turning into the alley you see a way in and stop the car. Making sure your shoes are tight you climb on top of the car and jump and take hold of the fire escape. Pulling yourself up you enter the building through the first window.

Inside you look around the half lit room. With no one there with you, you still pull out your gun as a precaution. Holding it high you slowly open the door and peak out. The adjoining room is larger and you move behind a desk. Hearing voices move past the door you stay quiet. After they pass you rise up and move to the hall. Your gun is kicked out of your hands and you duck before another foot or fist comes at your face.

Getting up you put up your fists. "You." He lowers his hands, "you." It was the guy who put a knife to your throat earlier. "I gave you two days." Putting your fists back up, "your boss won't be alive another two hours." He flashes a quick smirk, "confidant aren't we?" "Only with who I'm going to kill." He lunges at you and you block his arms with yours. He threw several punches and you blocked them all. He tried to change it up with a kick but you stepped back and avoided it.

You charged and quickly landed a punch at his stomach but he blocked the others, even the jumping kick you tried to land. After you crouched low on the ground you saw another man come into the hall behind your sparring partner. You slowly pull out a throwing knife from your leg. Standing fast you throw the knife as he ducks it hits the other in the head. He falls to the ground instantly. "Nice throw," he says bowing his head towards you.

You look at him and smile. "So you want to continue this or help me take down a bad guy?" He thinks about this for a second then steps to you with an extended hand. "The name's Sam." He points to your neck, "forgive me for that?" You nod, "you didn't know you were working for a schizophrenic psycho." He pushes his lips together and looks up, "true." You pull a gun from your waist, "know how to use one of these?" He leans down and pulls one from his boot, "yea but I prefer mine." You look at his, "is that a .22?" He smiles, "it is." "Nice."

You both point guns ahead and take out a couple more guards before busting into Mr. Walker's office. His chair swivels around. "Well, well, well look what the cat dragged in." Your lip curls at the sight of him. "Looks like you didn't hide as well as you thought." You glance at Sam, "I see you didn't have the balls to come after me yourself." He looks at Sam whose now pointing a gun at him. "Sam, can I take this as your resignation?" He cocks his gun, "she did have a compelling argument."

You shoot and hit the desk just to the left of his hand. "Don't think I don't see you going for your gun." You walkover to him, "get up." As he stands the chair rolls back, "so what now? You going to shoot me? In cold blood?" You tilt your head and give a little smile, "you should have left me alone." Sam moves to his other side. With one swift movement Walker knocks the gun from Sam's hand and kicks yours. "I gotta stop letting that happen," you say just before you lunge at him.

You grab his shirt and it's torn as Walker moves to try to land a punch at Sam. Sam ducks and lands one after Walker lands a kick to his side. You move and pick back up your gun. When you turn you see Walker landing a mean hook to Sam's face. Sam goes down and you point and shoot but your trigger sticks. "I knew I should have cleaned this sooner." Walker runs like a jackrabbit and you give chase. Throwing a knife and having it stick into the wall just as he turns you keep pursuit.

He makes it to the sidewalk and you use your big knife to get past the last two guards. He runs but you have to admit not very fast. As you follow you see a truck with little pieces of lumber in the back. You pick up a couple and drive a nail through them. Jogging further you grab a bungee tie down from the bumper of a car. Stopping to stretch it across the wood, side to side you chase Walker more. He looks back to see you pull out your last throwing knife and pulling back the cord you place the knife inside.

Taking aim you let your makeshift crossbow fly and smile when it hits him. Dropping the wood you mosey on over and stand above him. "We meet again Mr. Walker but the last time we met I believe our roles were reversed." You crouch down and pull the knife from his side. "Now it'll take you about a couple hours to properly bleed out, granted I didn't hit a major organ." "You bitch! You'll pay for this! I don't care how long it takes but I will find you again and I will KILL YOU!"

Smiling you move the knife across his chest. Not putting pressure on the blade. "No Mr. Walker I'm not giving you that chance." Plunging the knife into his heart you clench your teeth. "No more taking lives and the innocents of others for you to prosper from. Rest in hell Walker and say hi to Satan for me." You stand and walk away. Walking back towards the building you see Sam coming out of it. "You did it," he said looking over your shoulder. "Told you he wouldn't be alive much longer. My word is my bond."

You point and both walk to the alley. "So what's next for you Sam?" "Well I don't know quite yet." You look towards your car, "Sam?" He stops and looks at you, "yea." "That night when I undressed and you put a knife to my throat..." His face tensed up and wrinkles formed on his forehead. You continued, "I was wondering... can you show me how to do that?" He smiled, "I'd be glad to." You got in the car, "and I'm not forgetting you saw me naked."