Out Hunting

Staring at the clock and waiting for it to turn over most days was agony. You'd cleaned up your area and bit your nails as you watched the seconds tick by. When that hand finally hits five you jump up and run for the time clock. Checking your phone and seeing no messages as you head to your car you get in and drive home. The radio starts to play a song and you hear him singing it in your head. He sung it off key but it was yours.

Pulling up to your place you look around but don't see a car you don't recognize. Getting out you go to the door and unlock it. Taking a breath you go inside. Setting your things down you look around, nothing. Moving into your bedroom you see (name of dog) sitting on the bed with his head on the sheets. You move over to him and scratch behind his ears, "I know... I miss him too." Noticing he's laying on his side of the bed you pick up the pillow. It still smells like him, even if it's faint. You recall all the times you've slept with it near you.

You take a shower and after rinsing your hair you hear barking. Turning the water off you stick your head out, "what is it (dog name)?" Hurrying up and toweling off then throwing on some dry clothes you go check on him. Your heart leaps at the possibilities but he looks at your phone. Picking it up you see a message from pillow scent. You smile as you see his name, "Sam." Opening the message you read "hey you. Missing you and this hunt is going nowhere. Dean and I are stumped and wish I was there with you." You take a couple of seconds then respond, "Miss you too. Your scent is fading on your pillow, needs refreshed. When are you coming to see me?" Pressing the phone to your chest you wait.

You hear his notification sound and raise it back to eyesight. "Then I need to rub it all over to regain my scent. I know, after this case I'll try. I just can't leave Dean like this. Have to keep an eye on him. He needs me." "I need you." Minutes passed and you wish you knew where he was because you were about to grab your keys and drive. Instead, your phone made another noise but this was so much better because it was a video call. You nearly cried when you saw his face, in fact, no words were spoken for about five minutes. "Hey." "Hey." You both finally say at the same time. Looking all over his face you see a cut on his forehead, "what happened?" "You should've seen the other guy," he chuckles. "Sam," you breathe out. "I'm okay and Dean had my back." Looking over his shoulders, "speaking of where is he?" "Well he is off with the bartender, asking for information. So I wanted to call my girl." You bite your lip to hold yourself back, "damn you smooth talking Winchester." "That's how I got you right?" You shake your head, "no I believe it was the vamp's head you chopped off before it bit me."

"Now Sam I don't want to sound like a broken record but-" "Be careful and come back alive," he looks into your eyes soulfully, "I know." "I just worry about you... in that line of work." He keeps looking at you, "don't worry about me so much, instead, worry about that new horror movie about the house we'll see. The trailers look spooky." You bite your nail, "that movie is already on dvd... an I rented it." His jaw drops, "and you were going to watch it? Without me??" "Well I uh..." In the corner of your eye you see your laptop, "no." Putting your phone down you grab it and the disc and come back. Starting it up you pick your phone back up.

Moving the screen so he could see it you rest the phone before you as you lay behind it. Pushing play the both of you watch and after plugging in your phone he got to see the entire thing. The credits rolled and you heard clapping and laughter. Picking the phone back up you see him enjoying himself. "Was it that funny?" He wiped away the tears, "vampires don't fear garlic. Oh... that was classic." Suddenly Yankee jumped up on the bed with you. "Yankee," Sam said with delight. He laid his head down on Sam's side. "He misses you," you whisper into the phone then you put your hand over your heart. He does the same, "I miss you both and I WILL see you soon."

You fall asleep shortly after kissing the screen and saying he'd better come home soon. Pictures and memories of him dance in your head as you sleep. A montage of nothing but Sam; you woke up a few hours later to the sound of your alarm, wishing it was him instead. Opening your eyes you see Yankee took Sam's side once more. Turning the alarm off and scratching his head, "don't worry, he'll be home any day now. He just has to kill a monster and save some people."

Doing your morning routine you got ready for work. Grabbing your breakfast you showed up and clocked in. Going about your usual routine you moved through your task list. This droll life you managed to take on just helps pay the bills and puts food on your table. Eating lunch you watched the clock once more, longing to clock out. Tapping your feet to the second hand you check it too many times. Organizing your things was usually one of the last things you did. "Come on clock," you whispered.

Hitting that time you love you clocked out and took off in your car. Taking a breath as you turned the corner you rolled into your empty driveway once more. Your heart ached walking into an empty room once more. Yankee greeted you and taking him for a walk got your mind a little clearer. You thought of ways that Sam can still help people but not be gone all the time. Getting back inside you change the water for Yankee. Setting the bowl down you heard a fluttering of wings so you sprang up and turned around.

"Sam," you breathe out and run to him. Jumping into his arms he spins you around. Slowing you down he plants one on your lips and you sink into him. Wrapping your legs around him you didn't want to let him go. "Ah-hem." Sam lets you down and you see Castiel standing a few feet away. "CAS" You move to him and throw your arms around him. "Thank you for bringing him back to me," you squeeze him. When you pull back he nods to you. "Besides it's not me you owe, talk to Dean." You look around, "he isn't here is he?" He smiles, "no he's back working on another case." "That was fast," you look back at Sam. "You know Dean," he covers. "Thanks Cas, I can take it from here." With a flutter he's gone.

"Damn its good to see you," putting your hands on your hips. Barking comes from the bedroom into the living room. "YANKEE," Sam kneels as his best friend comes to greet him. That tail went a hundred miles an hour and seeing the both of them together again... it was perfect. "Sam I was thinking," he looks up at you and that smile blinded you. "About what?" You took a second, "what you do. I don't want you to stop saving people but I was thinking you could be less... hands on. Help other hunters and be like Bobby. I worry when you're out in the field."

He stands up and takes your hands, "I would but I can't leave my brother out there. He'd never sit back and let someone else do it." "I'm not asking you to retire, just take it down a notch." "How long have you been thinking about this?" "I'm not blind Sam. All those cuts and injuries you come crawling back with. I know what this job is doing to you. Saving people and killing monsters is important but is it worth your life? Look what it's doing to you." "I know too much to stop now but I will one of these days. Right now I have to be there for Dean and Cas-" "I see how I rank on your list. Sam I love you but you have to stop getting dragged trough the mud. I don't want to fight but-" He cuts you off by crashing his lips to yours.

His hands move down your back and he pulls you up by using your thighs. You've missed his touch so much. Quivering under his touch you yurn to taste more. His hair under your fingertips he moves you to the bedroom. You bounce on the mattress and he smothers you with more kisses. Clothes fly and your underwear were removed with his teeth. His hair tickled down your stomach. Once his pants came off your eyes widened and had to take a mental picture, "I've missed you." He nestled in on top of you and dug in.

The moans that came from the both of you and the passion made the room swelter. His hips worked into you and you lungs burned for air as he moved inside you. He knew you and knew when to buck harder. Bringing you over the edge on the bed, floor, wall and finishing back on the bed. You lay there with your hand on his chest. Feeling it rise and fall then he looks over at you. "Nice way to avoid the issue," you pipe up. You fall asleep in his arms, just the two of you tonight.

Waking up in the morning at first you thought it was a dream, until you moved are were sore. Last night wasn't a dream and at the same time you felt happy and sad. Sad because you knew this could never last. You looked at him and watched as his eyes opened. "Hey you," he gets out in his gruff morning voice. You move some hair from his face, "so last night was perfect but you didn't really answer my proposition." He propped himself on his elbow, "about hunting right?" You nodded. "You know I can't answer that, not right now." You roll your eyes, "then when Sam?" "I don't know," he looks down at the sheets and you interlace your fingers with his.

"I just want to be with you Sam and being on the road for so long and not hearing from you worries me. I know you can't call to check in on a daily basis but Yankee and I love you and one day you'll have to slow down. All I'm asking for is a little time away from the life." He looks into your eyes, "I'd like that more than you can imagine but what I'm doing, what we're doing is saving lives." "Just spend another day with me, please. Cas can fly you back tomorrow. Today I want to be a normal couple." His phone rings and he gets up to find it. You know that ringtone, "its Dean isn't it?" He looks at his phone then at you. "So what will it be Sam? Me or your brother?"