Prom and Dance

The last time you saw Sam Winchester was on prom night. It seemed so long ago when a lanky kid with a smile that could light up a room came to your front door. Mom made you do an awkward pose before you left. He walked you out the door and you apologized for your family but he just smiled and assured you it was fine. He drove and told some funny jokes as he did. You were glad he asked you out but you were still trying to figure out why.

The dancing was bad because he had two left feet. You smiled and put up with it because he was such a great guy. You liked the slow dance because you put your head on his chest and swayed from side to side. He also didn't step on your feet. When his hand moved from your shoulder to your back your skin tingled under his touch.

Neither of you were popular but you were fine with that, because Sam was dancing with you. It was at prom when your heart fell for him. His eyes sparkled when you looked into them and he smiled until he leaned in. After two seconds of panic you puckered your lips and you experienced your first kiss. It was quick but so sweet. You put that photo back on the mantle and walked through your childhood home.

Since your parents were gone on a trip they asked you to drop in and look after the place once and a while. You agreed because money was tight and you helped clean out their fridge. You watered the plants and thought about the last time you saw Sam. Something about his fathers job made him travel a lot and they were moving. It was shortly after prom and you had two dates with him. Your heart broke watching him walk away from you.

You just sit down and picked up the remote to see what was on tv when the door bell rang. You sighed but got up and opened the door without a thought. You dropped the remote as you looked into familiar eyes. "Sam? Is that you?" That smile hadn't lost any of its shine. "I was in the area so I thought I'd see if you were still in town and say hi." You opened the door, "please come in."

You watched him walk in and he was still as tall as ever. "So did you ever make it to college?" He turned and looked at you, "I did for a bit but now I help out my brother." "That must be nice." You closed the door and got a good look at this not so lanky kid. "So you still living here?" "Nah. The folks are on vacation so I'm watching the place." "I see."

You tilted your head a little, "so what are you really doing here Sam? You're not dying or anything are you, like making peace with your exes." He puts his hands in his pockets, "no, nothing like that." "You know it's the oddest thing that you showed up today. I was just thinking about prom." You pointed to the photo on the mantle. "You still have that?" "Well it was a good time for me, believe it or not." He looks at you, "me too."

"Do you remember the song we danced to? The slow one that was a remake to something... I forgot the name." You took a step closer, "I do." He took a step and extended his arms, "can I have this dance?" You smiled as the song came in your head and took his hands. He pulled you so close and your head was on his chest once more. You smiled as his hands moved to your back. Closing your eyes as you both swayed.

Your phone ringing interrupted the moment. You looked up at Sam and smiled he returned it and leaned down. This kiss was sweet but not as short. You let your phone go to voicemail. Sam moved his hands to cup your cheeks and you melted into his lips. Once your lips parted you looked up at him, "well this time you didn't step on my feet." He laughed a little.