Mother's Day

He walked down another aisle with extra shoelace tailing him. Looking around at all the colors picking up one he could reach. Reading over another he puts it back and sighs. Taking another step to the side he reaches out for another and opens it. He smiles to himself then frowns. "This one doesn't work either," he closes the card and puts it back on the shelf. Looking up to see the Mother's Day section of cards he stares at the word mother.

"Are you finding everything okay," you bend over as you ask. He looks up at you with these little puppy eyes, "can't find the right card." You see what section he's in, "I see your looking for a card for your mom." He looks at the ground, "well not really my mom, she's dead." Looking back up to you, "she died when I was really young but my brother has always been there for me. He makes sure I eat and get enough sleep. Checks my homework before I go to bed and always makes time for me." You smile at him, "sounds like your brother deserves a gift for today. I've got an idea."

You move around to another section of cards and pick one up. "Here, use this blank card and you can write your own message inside so you can make it the perfect card." He takes it from you, "thank you." Pulling a pen from your pocket, "follow me." Handing him the pen you go a few aisles over and pull out a notebook for a hard surface. He sits down and crosses his legs putting the notebook in his lap and thinks for a bit. "What should I write?" "How about what he means to you?" With that he turns his attention to the card and writes furiously.

Closing the card and tucking it in the envelope and writing Dean on it. He stands up and hands the notebook back to you so you put it away. "All finished?" Nodding his head and handing your pen back to you. "Thanks," you take it and turn slightly to see stickers, "want to put one of these to seal the envelope?" He starts to frown then points to a sheet. You smile then hand it to him then watch as he peals one off and sticks it to the back. Tearing off the upc you hand him the rest of the stickers, "here... you need these." He gives you a big smile before walking away.

On break you pay for the stickers and wonder how his brother would react to the card. Sam meets back up with his brother who throws his arm over his shoulder and leaves the store. When they get near the impala Sam pulls out the envelope and hands it up to Dean. Peaking in and not seeing John yet Dean opens the back seat door and Sam crawls in. Dean sits down while still having his feet on the ground. He opens the card and laughing at the Captain America sticker. Opening the card he reads it over then looks over at his brother.

"Happy Mother's Day Dean," the puppy eyes make another appearance. Dean grabs Sam and pulls him in for a hug, "you know I don't like these chick flick moments but thanks Sammy."