Napping with dog

Spending so much time away from him made your heart hurt. You hated going to school so far away from him and counted down vacation times. This year during Winter Break you couldn't go home due to job issues, however, working meant you'd have enough money to get home for the summer. The days couldn't pass quick enough and the week before leaving your bags were already packed.

Day 6: Sunday you tried mentally preparing yourself for your last week before break. You packed a few things but not a lot because many things you still needed. You talked with a few classmates and smiled and replied to his texts, not telling him you would in fact be coming home.

Day 5: Classes wouldn't be over till evening so you did as much work as you could so you didn't have so much to do later. Your paper that was due was no problem, funny how going home as motivation. You tapped your pen and thought of things to make sure you packed in the margins. Working on the assignment your dick of a professor made due before break and the jokes on him because you got it done before you went to bed, even if it was past one in the morning.

Day 4: Only having one class you didn't want to fill your schedule on this day so you could watch your favorite show. Since it was on hiatus and only reruns went now you could easily do work and get a good nights rest.

Day 3: This day flew by. You worked your last shift and clocked out with purpose. That night after class you decided to take a nap.

Day 2: After waking up from your "nap" you scramble and turn in the little report that was due in a few hours. Last couple of classes and all you can think about is the long journey ahead of you. Relieved when neither of these classes give you assignments you nearly run back to your room. Tossing in a few more things and having some last minute time with friends. Trying to sleep but you're way too excited. You keep texting him and wonder if he'll sleep as well. You finally fall asleep.

Day 1 aka the final day: The alarm goes off sooner than you would have liked but you spring from bed. Doing spins as you get ready and grabbing your luggage in a frenzy you take off. You drive and rock out to a few songs on your playlist. Stopping only to get something to eat and relieve yourself all you could think about was seeing his face. Smiling when sights got more familiar and your heart was warmer because you were getting closer.

Felling those butterflies as you pull into the driveway. Pulling out your phone you type him a message then decide not to give him warning. Getting your purse and bag, after a quick stretch, you make your way inside. Once you turn the doorknob your surprised not to hear Morgan barking. Gently putting your bag down you make your way inside. Stepping lightly you come into the living room and don't see him there. Scrunching your face you sneak more and end up peaking inside his bedroom.

Your heart swells as you find him sleeping across the bed, still in his clothes. His left arm draped over Morgan who's eyes begin to open. She looks over at you and you put your hand up and move your head from side to side. She stays and you take this image in for a bit longer.