21 Pilots - Tear in my Heart

"Something has changed in him. I don't know what but I'm sure," you panic in the phone. "When someone comes back from hell it changes them, trust me I know." You sigh, "no not like that. He looks like Sam but it isn't really Sam." "I'm sure he's just in a funk or remembers hell and doesn't want to worry you." "I hope you're right Dean." You can hear his reassuring nod, "just keep an eye on him and I'm sure he'll want to talk to you at some point. I mean I can never get that kid to shut up." Sharing a laugh you don't know how he does it but he always cheers you up.

Hanging up the phone you turn and look at Sam standing outside. Working on a case with new Sam was something; I mean he was more... devoted. He could research for hours without getting tired and broke all old Sam's records. It was all about the case and nothing else. I tried talking about Dean or Bobby but he seemed to skim over it and continue to talk about the case. No rest until it was done and you couldn't keep up with him.

Waking up in the morning you look around and don't see him in the room. Since it's early you assume he's gone for a jog because he always does. When your phone goes off you look down to see it's a text from him. Rolling your eyes you get up and change. Getting outside you move across the street to borrow a dependable auto to make it to the address that was just text to you. After getting a common red set of wheels you make it to the address provided. The driveway was long and went by some tall trees. The quaint house was the destination so you get out and go in, hand on gun just in case.

Once inside you see furniture moved and broken glass everywhere. "What the hell," you whisper to yourself. Watching your steps you make it further in, "down here." Following Sam's voice you end up in the basement sharing a room with a giant devil's trap and a guy tied to a chair. "You've been busy," you look at Sam. "I would've woken you up but if it turned out to be nothing I didn't want you to lose sleep over it." Those words should've stung you as much as they did. You didn't have more time to analyze that because the demons head was rolling around.

"Well if it isn't Fred and Daphne, I must be Scooby." You took a step to the demon, "more like Scrappy." "She's got bite... I like her. Like to peel her flesh from her bones." "You won't get that chance," Sam gets within arms reach of him. "Where's Crowley hiding? Where does he take the monsters?" The demon clicks his tongue, "now, now, now, one question at a time." Sam punches the demon in the face. You jump at his quick action to violence when he'd usually just talk. "Sam!" He looks at you but that missing piece just haunts you.

"Where's Crowley?" He shakes his head, "you didn't say the magic word." You lean in, "where's Crowley dickbag?" You say with the most casual of smile. "You won't-" another punch to the face courtesy of Sam. "ANSWER THE QUESTION." Sam's voice echoes through the small room. He looks at Sam, "I won't tell you," then he looks at you, "but I'll tell you. You have to get in close." You get closer just to have him taunt you with a, "closer." Breathing distance returns to your ear, "he's in my pants." The demon laughs and Sam stabs him with the knife. His face glows and Sam stabs him again. "Sam," you say as your eyes well up.

The angry look on his face rips through your heart. "Sam stop," you extend your hand and touch his wrist. Moving behind him and trailing up his arm you begin to rub his back between his shoulder blades. "It's okay Sam," you feel his muscles relax. Hearing the knife drop you feel him slump and you press your forehead to his back. "I've got you now." He turns around after a bit and cups your cheek, "I think something's wrong with me." He watches the tear roll down your cheek and you wait for him to wipe it away. But he doesn't.

You watch him on the drive back to the hotel. You eat and he doesn't and that concerns you. Sneaking outside you call Dean. "He's getting worse," you nearly start crying again. "Hang tight, I'll be there in the morning." "Thanks Dean." "Yeah hang in there kiddo." The line goes dead and you go back inside. "Who were you talking to?" You thought about lying to him but decided against it, "your brother." He tries to look concerned but you know better. A few hours later there's a knock on the door. You close the computer and move to the door. Sam puts his gun in his lap and watches you open the door.

"Dean?!" you say surprised as you open the door for him. "I thought you were getting here in the morning." He took his jacket off, "well I was already on the road when you called." Sam leaves the gun on the bed as he stands. The two brothers look at each other for a bit. They step towards each other and before you know it they were yelling. So many things about their past you didn't know were being word vomited all around the room. When arms begin to move and gesture is when you worry. They get closer and closer towards the opposing brother until one of them connects.

You keep a safe distance and watch in horror as punches fly. Seeing Dean land more and knocking Sam to the ground. Your throat becomes so sore from screaming. Eventually stopping when Sam gets knocked out. "Get me some rope," he demands. "But Dean I-" "Rope. NOW!" As you dig through your bag for rope Dean gets Sam up in a chair. Bringing him the rope he ties him up then looks up to call Castiel.

Well... you know the rest.