Samulet

"Hey are we still seeing that movie tonight?"

Sam peeks around the corner, "oh yea, I've been wanting to see it for two weeks."

"Okay then," you slide some tops on hangers to find one that pops out at you. Seeing the nice blue one you think about it until your eye sees the green one. If Sam was going to wear his blue and red plaid shirt then this green one with little white stripes would look amazing next to his. Pulling it off the hanger it does a crazy flip and your arms do a comical movement; needless to say a lot of clothes hit the floor.

"You okay up there," he yells from downstairs.

"Fine, just think about what snacks you want there."

Picking up the clothes you find the hangers and neatly hang each up. Grabbing Sam's jacket at the cuff you pull up and put one shoulder into the hanger. That's when you notice something hanging from his pocket. You don't snoop around in his stuff but this looked like a necklace and your birthday wasn't far away.

"I shouldn't," you whisper to yourself. You move the jacket two more inches but curiosity gets the best of you. Reaching your hand in you pull out the necklace that was in the pocket. Your smile fades because you see it wasn't meant for you. Then you stare harder at it.

"I've seen this before," you straighten up and cross the room. Looking at some frames your eyes dart from photo to photo.

"It used to be here," then it hits you. Moving over to his side of the bed you pull out a box that resided under it. Opening it you look through some loose photos, you've seen these because Sam showed you one night when it hurt more. You wanted to know why broke him and got the full story.

"There it is," you pick up the photo and see that same design of necklace. A little smile creeps on your face then it turns to heartbreak. From what Sam has described his brother Dean was one of a kind. He helped take on the world and keep Sam above water. It broke him when Dean was no longer with him. Staring at that photo and seeing their smiles you know it was taken a long time ago. It took nearly a year to get Sam to smile again.

"Ready to go?"

You snapped back to reality and wiped away a tear. Putting the photo then box back then back under the bed you then return the necklace to the jacket pocket then back on the hanger. Throwing on the green shirt you join him downstairs. Giving him a tight hug you look up at him, "ready." He kisses the top of your head, smiles then leave for the movies.

THE END

(I was challenged to do this idea 500 words or less. This is 475)