Party (small)

You smiled as you moved through the crowd of people. Some you knew but most you didn't, they were his friends. You were invited, what you suspect, at the last minute. Stupidly you came anyway because it was him. Anyone else and you would have stayed home watching movies or something. When you saw his text you didn't know how to answer it besides what time?

You were ready and staring at the clock. Looking over at your dumb gift but he'd know, kind of an inside joke between the two of you. Time was close enough so you decided to drive slower and calm down. Not knowing what to expect when you knocked on that door. Taking breath you close your eyes and a part of you is screaming to run away. Then the door opens and you don't recognize the face, "um.. is this Sam's party?" His face lights up a little and opens the door, "yes it is."

Entering the place you look around, you've not been in Sam's apartment before. You reach the kitchen and see him turn around. "Y/N!" Your heart skips a little every time he says it. He comes around the counter and wraps his arms around you, "glad you made it." Your face feeling red and your brain telling it to stop. He pulls back while you do as his hands slowly graze your arms. He sees the box in your hands, "is that for me?"

Holding it up, "yea I didn't know where to put it..." He smiles and takes it, "in my hands of course." He opens it and knows right away, "it's a ghost." You nod, "that it is and hope it will ward off all others." He hugs you again, "thank you. I know right where it will go." He shuffles over to the cabinet, "I saved you some," he pulls out a bottle and hands it to you. "You spoil me," you smile and look for a glass. He disappears for a bit and you try to mingle the crowd but panic sets in again, so many people. After a while the crowd dies down and you talked to a couple of people but they leave. You find Sam.

"I'm going to take off." He smiles and those beautiful dimples show, "thanks for coming and it was really good seeing you." You turn, "oh my jacket." "Who took it?" "Jason I think." He nods, "follow me." You walk down a hallway then turn and follow him into a room. Seeing your jacket on the edge of a bed, "thanks for having me." He holds out your jacket, "pleasure's all mine." Putting your hands inside you turn and he slides it over your shoulders.

"We should do this again sometime," you nod in agreeance. "I had fun." He turns you and points, "thanks for my ghost." You laugh a little as you see it on the shelf, "I had to." You lean up and gently kiss his cheek, "Happy Birthday," you say softly. "Thanks," he gets out just before kissing your cheek as he cups the other with his hand. Lingering you move and look into his eyes. The air around you sparks as he leans in and presses his lips to yours.