At the beach (really small)

We finally got a vacation. Sam and I headed to the beach for a couple of days and couldn’t be more excited. We packed for all kinds of weather because the forecast was all over the place. You pack up the car with Sam’s help and head out towards that roaring ocean. On the way you both sang to the radio and stopped to get some munchies.

When you arrived it was cold before you got to the water. You wrapped yourself up in your jacket and knew you’d need another layer. There was a coat you packed and you wanted it with you asap. Pulling into a parking space you look over at him. “Are you sure you want to see the water today? It’s so cold.” He looked back at you and smiled, “come on, have some fun.”

You both get out of the car and you move to the back to get your coat. He rummages through his and takes out his camera. “Oh come on Sam. Not today my hair’s a mess.” He moves his hand and cups your face, “but this is a beautiful moment and I want to preserve it. After all… we are on vacation.” He always knew what to say.

Throwing your coat on you turn to see Sam already getting sand under his feet, you have to run to catch up. You laugh at your man child as he does some unusual poses and ninja moves towards the water. “Don’t get your camera wet!” He just looks at you and waves. You pull out your phone and take a few photos. You giggle at some of the things he does.

Walking around in the sand for a bit we take a break and sit down. He looks over at you and makes some silly faces. “Are you ready for your close up?” You tease him a little. He leans over and gives you a little kiss. You pull more on your coat to keep warm. He sees this and wraps his arm around you pulling you closer. You cuddle up to him as you both watch the water.

“I hate to admit but this was a good idea.” He looks over at you and blows you a kiss. “Now aren’t you glad you listened to me?” You just pressed your head to his chest. He raised the camera up and took photos of the ocean then turned it around and took a few of the both of you. You both kissed in a few and they looked good.

When you two got back home you uploaded the photos and picked out four of your favorites that you took. Sam looked so good in them. You wanted goofy ones and serious ones. You made a collage and framed it. On his birthday you gave it to him and he loved it. It still hangs on the wall so you both can see it every morning.

THE END