Gates of Hell

This was a lovely request on Instagram so I'm sharing it here. 

You spin the colt one more time in your hand, "so this thing's supposed to close the gates?" Dean looks over his shoulder at you, "not just any gate." You nod, "that's right... the gates of hell." You've only read about this stuff in books or online. "Thought it was a myth," you put it down and looked at them. "Well a year ago I was right there with you but with all the things I've read and what we can get out of demons, its possible," Sam went back to his computer. You smiled a little, "our little nerd going to close the gates." Dean stood up, "and his handsome brother."

You roll your eyes and chuckle a little, "whatever you say Dean." He taps your head then moves into the bathroom. You look at Sam who is typing away at the keyboard. Seeing the glow of the screen and when his growing hair moves when he's researching. When you hear the toilet flush you go back to the book in front of you. These words you've read a hundred times and neither time gives you any clue that helps. Closing the book, "I'm tried and calling it a night." You stand up and look at the other two, "see you in the morning."

"See you... too," Sam half gets up and waves. You wave and turn with a red face as you open the door to your room. Putting your back against it and letting your weight close it. Closing your eyes for a second then pushing off the door. Getting ready for bed you tuck yourself in and get comfy. It doesn't take long for you to drift off and dream wonderful dreams. The morning light won't let you sleep any longer but it was the good five hours you needed.

After getting ready you ventured over to the next room and they were already awake. Dean was cleaning his guns and Sam was finishing eating his breakfast. He points to a plastic container across form him, "got you one to." You smile and nearly skip over because your stomach is grumbling. Sitting in the chair you dive in and try not to look at him. Eating fairly quickly because that's what life on the road has taught you.

"Thanks Bobby," Dean hangs up the phone and picks up a folder from the table. "Bobby thinks that the lore says after putting the colt into the door you turn it while saying this phrase in Latin," he turns the folder to face Sam. You look at the words, "is that a banishing spell?" Sam takes the folder and nods, "I think you're right. Good eyes," he looks into them and you can feel warm. "Thank you," you manage to mouth out more than speak. "So we've got the colt and the spell... so how's about we close this gate?" The both of you stand up, "hells yea," you say enthusiastically

Jackets thrown on and squeaky doors opening and closing, on the road again with the life the Winchesters know best. Crossing over the railroad tracks you felt a sudden chill but you brushed it off. You kept a sharp eye out for anything that would be approaching. Inside the first set of iron rails the terrain was rough so walking the rest of the way was the only option. Walking past several graveyards you glance at a few of the dates. "Most of these people died in the 1800s." Sam slows his pace, "these are old frontier cemeteries so the dates match up." You nod and loved every time Sam threw out some knowledge.

Seeing the doors in the distance you all take a deep breath. Getting closer your mind wonders mostly about how easy this has been. I mean getting the location and the spell right were tricky but you're about to do something big. Standing in front the door you think about this past year. All the fights and the stitches you and the guys had their skin tattooed with. This would finally mean an end to something, an end to the evil in the world.

Sam takes out the colt and shares a look with Dean, "lets do this." A perfect fitting key the colt fit in and turned. Loud clicking and other loud noises happened but instead of the door closing it sprang open. Surprising you all and trying to make a quick jump forward but this was made harder when one dark smoke after another pushed their way out. "We gotta close this," Dean yelled. Heaving yourself on the door the three of you made a little effort. Groaning as you put your back into it and feeling it give a little. "COME ON!"