Hold on to me

You slam the door behind you.

"Who does he think he is?" You pace the floor as you cheap mascara runs down your face. Your fists clenched as you stomp in a straight line. Tearing off your jacket you threw it across the room.

"I just... why does he make me angry? Why does he say things he KNOWS I'll hate? Why does he," you break your thought and look up. A mental light flashed in your head that made you stop cold. Your heart began to race and you ran over and grabbed your jacket. "Damnit," you open the door and run out not knowing if it shut or not.

Your feet pound the pavement as droplets pound your face. No time to slow down as you retrace the previous steps you'd taken but this time with your soles, not four tires. So this way takes longer but you aren't thinking about that. You just let your heart guide you. One foot in front of the other you felt you were soaring as you kept at it. It had been a while since you'd run and you felt good and sore at the same time. Turning on the sidewalk you hit a crack and fall to the ground. Hitting your knee on the concrete your hands land on the wet grass.

"Fuck!" Getting your feet back under you, you take off again. You kept visualizing his doorstep. Kept seeing his face, that smile. Breathing when you can you stretch yourself and gasp as you hit the home stretch. You sprint the last bit of the way as your heart pumps more as you climb the stairs. Ringing the doorbell you also pound on the door. He opens the door and you look at the tearstain down his cheek. Your lip quivers, "oh Sam."

He grabs you and pulls you into his arms, "I called you but you didn't answer."

You sigh and feel your pocket, "I don't have it."

He lets out a sigh that resembles a laugh, "I know. I found it."

"Sam I'm sorry. I don't know why I flew off the handle over things I-"

He puts his hand under your chin and raises your eyes to his. Cupping your cheeks he wipes away your tears, "its okay."

This makes you want to cry more but you hold back. You just keep looking into his eyes because that is your escape. No matter how bad it gets you find such comfort in them. Before you know it your back in his arms and swaying slightly. The warmth of the room and his heat were working. You no longer felt the rain that you ran through or no longer feeling your toes. Just you two in this moment. You and your dumb heart deciding what you can't live without and you aren't letting go any time soon.

THE END