Popcorn

It was a typical Wednesday night as you wait by the microwave, listening to the pops from inside. Tapping your fingers on the counter as the tray moves in circles and the popping reduces. Poking the door release button the door flies open and you retrieve the hot bag. Steam escapes as you walk to the other side of the counter where a bowl awaits to be filled. Empting the bag you throw one in your mouth then pickup the bowl and move into the next room.

Moving around the couch you plop down and look at the clock in the corner of your tv. You take a deep sigh and pop another piece in your mouth. Looking up at the clock once more, "he'd better get here before it gets cold." As if he heard you the door opens, "I've got movies!" "I don't see why we could have just found one on demand or something," you watch as he comes in the room with a big grin on his face. "What? And miss the experience of going into an empty rental store and staring at covers for half an hour?" He moved around you and sat down bag in hand.

"So whatcha get?" You tried to sneak a peek in the bag but he pulled it away. "Okay I didn't know what mood you were in so I got a variety." He proceeds to pull out 'The Bourne Identity', '3:10 to Yuma', 'Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein', and '13 Ghosts'. You smile up at him, "you choose, I'll watch anything." He jumps up and puts a movie in. As the titles roll he moves closer and you share the popcorn.

He picks up a big handful and shoves it in his mouth. You stare as he chews and wonder if he can do that any louder, "mind turning down the volume?" "Huh," he looks down at you. You mimic his chewing and he throws a piece at you. Your mouth drops in surprise then pick up a piece and throw it back at him. The rest of the handful he took earlier is thrown back in your face. "Now its on!" You roll off the couch and bowl in hand taking cover behind the armrest.

A kernel bounces near you and you peek above the fabric, seeing him you launch one. It misses him and he quickly sends one back. Deciding to take a new strategy you send a few more his way and carefully sneak around the back. Half way around the back a piece of popcorn was dropped right in front of your face. Slowly looking up to see Sam leaning over the top of the back and smiling at you. You roll your eyes, "how do you always do that?" He reaches down and grabs your shirt pulling you up.

Being eye to eye with him you gaze into those ever changing hazels and your breath is taken away. His hand moves to the back of your neck and he pulls you in. Lips meet and no matter how many times you've done this it always sends fireworks through your body. He moved his hand up and cupped your cheek and stroked your cheek with his thumb as the kiss broke. "Weren't we watching a movie?" He smiles, "yea now get over here."

You got up and moved around to the front side. He took your hand and he sat at the end and propped his feet up on the coffee table and you sat next to him. Without a word his arm moved around you and your head met his lap. You stretch out and his hand moves up and down your arm as you continue to watch the movie. You've seen them all before so you don't need to pay attention to know what's going on. By far you had the best seat in the house.