You in hospital

You and Sam had been living together for a while now, well nearly a year. You knew about his past and were so glad when he finally opened up to you. You were sure he left some things out but you'd cross that bridge when you came to it. Seeing him smile you knew there had to be some weight lifted from his shoulders. The weather was getting cold and you were so looking forward to what was coming next.

When he was getting dinner from which you made sure it would take him a while. You scurried and hurried set things up. You pulled apart cords and handled fragile items. Lucky your place together wasn't that large but you still wanted it to look nice for him. You put your hands on your hips as you looked around. "I hope he likes it."

Hearing his feet coming up the stairs you throw the boxes in the closet. Then you run to the kitchen and light an evergreen scented candle. When the door opens you stop moving and look towards the door. He looks around and you come closer to take the bags. "I saw... I saw the lights from outside." You took the bags into the kitchen and came back to see him circling the room.

He makes his way closer to you and suddenly putting his arms around your waist he picks you up. You are spun a couple of times and slide down his front so you're face to face. "Thank you." Kissing his sweet lips as you feel your feet once again touch the ground. After your lips part you see tears well in his eyes. "Hey hey hey." Your foreheads touching as you reach up to wipe them away. "These are happy tears," he whispers to you.

He took your hands and you both moved over to the sofa. He sat down and pulled you into his lap. Cradling you like a baby and feeling so safe. Intertwining your fingers as you both sat there. The twinkle lights illuminating the small apartment and the smell of winter throughout. He holds you tighter and you can't think of any other place you'd rather be.