Chapter 4

“Where were you young lady?” Ask my mother, closing her book and setting it on the arm of the chair. 

“I was out.” I head to the kitchen, looking for food to tame my hunger, “Didn’t think you would care.”

She scoffs and heads to the cabinet filled with more alcohol than weapons for the army. She pops the cork, drinking straight from the olive colored bottle. “I do care.” 

“When your not drunk, which is almost never.” I grab an apple from the basket and bite into it. “Your either drunk out of your fucking mind or sleeping, so I figured not to bother you.”

I ducked down as the wine came smashing into the cabinets behind me. I stand up to look at the mess my mother had made, then back at her to see an angry woman. “What the hell woman?! Are you crazy?”

“Who do you think you are Monica?” My mother screamed at me, I get paper towels to clean the floor and wall. 

“I’m only telling you the truth ‘mom’.” I do air quotes around mom, dropping the paper towel in the mess. “You are an alcoholic who couldn’t care less about her kids or family! Your selfish.”

Her hand stung when it hit my cheek, sending me back wards. I cup my face wincing. “Bitch.” she slurs under her breath, going back to the cabinet and pulling out another bottle. 

“Touché.” I walk back to my room before she can go psycho again. I don’t know if its from the party, or being up this early in the morning, but my mirror told me I looked horrible in it’s reflection. My hair was messy, my eyes were blood shot, and now my mother added a red mark on the side of my face. 

 I brushed my hair and brushed my teeth to get the smell of last night out of my mouth. I started packing a bag filled with a couple outfits to last me all the days I needed to get away from the horrible excuse of a mother downstairs, drinking her life away. 

I climbed out the window again after grabbing my phone charger, not wanting to come face to face with the drunk. I landed with a thud on the ground, looking up to see the sun peaking over the horizon. I sighed from exhaustion and started walking towards Mollie’s. She’s the only one who knows about my mother’s drinking habits. It’s rare when my mom hits me, she’s either trying to be cool in front of her friends or just pissed off at something I did. Tonight I was unlucky and happened to run into her. 

~♥~♥~

I climbed through Mollie’s open window, she was on her bed scrolling through her phone. She wasn’t surprised when I toppled into her room out of breath, instead she looked concerned. 

“What happened to you?” She puts her phone down walking over to me. 

I laugh, “Oh gee thanks Mol.” I say setting my bag down. 

“No, not you, your cheek.” She gently turns my head to examine my mom’s hand mark. “Was it your mom?”

“She threw a fucking wine bottle at me Mollie. Then she slapped me.” I layed back on her bed, begging myself not to cry. “I fucking hate her.”

“Don’t say that, Monica.” She says rubbing my arm, “You’ll regret it.”

Mollie had said that she hated her mom before too. Straight to her face. Her mother was already in enough depression, and that night she killed herself. Mollie has never been the same after that, never has forgiven herself. 

I sigh as I look at her, barely keeping my eyes open. “I know. It’s the drinking habits I hate.”

She smiles as me and pushes me off her bed and towards her bathroom. 

“Now take a shower! You stink!” She throws towels at me and closes the door.

~♥~♥~

I was wide awake after my shower, feeling refreshed and felt like a sleep soundly. Mollie was down stairs making breakfast when I came down to her. 

“Where’s your dad?” I ask her as she sets down my plate and takes a seat next to me.

“He had a night shift at the office.” She answered. I nod and continue to chew on my bacon. “So what do you want to do today?”

“Well I was thinking,” I reply at her change of subject, “Maybe go shopping? I brought some money.” 

“Brilliant idea.” We clean up our plates and start getting ready for the shops. 

I pick an oversized white t shirt, rolling up the sleeves, and some stone washed high wasted shorts with black leggings underneath, to go with my black vans. What most people call a ‘warm’ day here in England, Being from Georgia in the states, here is a chilly day. 

We walk out to be greeted by a cold gust of air, Mollie smiles. “It’s a bit hot today.” She says, I almost roll my eyes at her irrelevant comment. 

“You should go to Georgia, you will feel like your in an oven.” I tell her. “Can I drive?” I ask as she unlocks her dad’s red Ferrari. 

“As long as you don’t crash it.” She tosses me the keys and I step into the driver’s seat. 

~♥~♥~

We have trouble closing the boot of the car, shopping bags fill it up. I eventually made Mollie sit on it and used my long legs to close it. 

We walk back to the mall to go to a restaurant. We made reservations earlier, and Alfie would be joining us today. We spot him and sit next to him, only to find him looking at the scores of a game. I sigh and slouch back into my chair, the waitress comes over and ask what we want to drink.

“Surprise me.” Alfie winks at her, she giggles at him. “I feel that you have a good taste in drinks around here.” She blushes and turns to me, waiting for my response. 

“A new waiter please, preferably a guy.” I spoke to her. She looked surprised by my forward answer. “A Pepsi would be great also, thank you.”

She walks away and I turn to Alfie who looks as if nothing had happened. “What the hell, Alfie?” I ask him. Mollie shakes her head at him, laughing at his ridiculousness.  

“What?” He questions me, looking up from his phone. 

“Do you think that what you did with the waitress was goddamn expectable? Because I think you forgot that your fucking girlfriend was right next to you?” I scoff and start gathering my things. “I seriously worry what you do when I’m not around.”

“Babe,” He laughs, “It was a joke, chill out.”

I get up close to his face. If only he knew how hard I could slap. “Don’t tell me to ‘Chill out’, babe.” I mimic him. Mollie struts out with me, making our way to the car. 

I’m about to drive off when my phone vibrates in my back pocket. 

‘I’m sorry for what happened back there. Please forgive me. I’m taking you out tonight.x -Alfie.’

I question why he signed ‘-Alfie’. I knew it was him and this isn’t pretty little liars. I don’t really have a choice so I figured that I’m going out tonight.

~~~~~

Sorry it's short! I have a writer's block right now. I seriosuly just wrote "write" instead of 'rigth' I'm tired okay. 

But my friend from america or "'merica" as she calls it is writing a story called 'Bites from the bad'. It's on my account because shes too lazy to make her own. But anyways,

~Poopyxxxx