Chapter 10

I slammed the front door to my house and slipped off my grey uggs. My back pack dropped to the ground. I heard someone talking in the kitchen, so I walked into the room to inspect it.

My mother sat at the table with the phone pressed to her ear, and she spoke with kindness laced in her voice. That is weird. She looked at me as I walked through, and I stared back before going over to the fridge. 

“I will tell her!” She smiled and giggled flirtatiously. I wonder who she was flirting with.

“Okay, thank you Mr.Styles.” I spit out the water I was drinking when I heard her say his name. My mom wasn’t just flirting, she was flirting with Mr.Styles. Or at least that was what it sounded like. 

She hung up and frowned at me. The phone was left on the table as she stood up and walked towards me. “I’m not very impressed by your Physiology grade.” She lectured me. 

“Oh like you care.” I say and clean up my water that I gagged on. “Sounded like you were getting freaky with my teacher.”

She laughed at my comment. “Honey, I was trying to get your grade up.”

I laughed back at her ridiculous excuse. “Is that also what you were doing last year to my history AND my photography teacher?” I threw the paper towels away. “And he’s like 20 mom, to young for you.”

“Are you saying I’m old?” She asked going into the fully stocked wine cabinet. Right after she was released from the hospital for alcohol poisoning, of course she drinks again. She breaks the cork and decides to get a bit classy this time by getting a wine glass and drinking out of that. 

“Well you do have a child, so yeah.” I say and she laughs. 

“Oh did I tell you? Oh, of course I didn’t, you haven’t seen me yet.” She laughs at her own joke. I laugh at my own jokes too, but at least mine are funny. “I’m cutting down on my drinking.

“Congrats.” I say sarcastically. That’s what she said last time she got caught drinking so much, but look at her now. 

I head up to my room and look at the clock to see it’s almost 8. Mollie made me go to her house after school and eat dinner with her so she wouldn’t be lonely. 

I pull out my home work and try to do some. 

~♥~♥~

I heard something breaks from downstairs and a laugh from a psychopath. I glance at the clock to see it’s 2 in the morning. I groan and push the blankets off of me to go downstairs and see what the hell my mom is up to. 

I go down the stairs and all the lights are on. “Mom?” I say. 

There is shuffling in the kitchen and I know that my mom had gone over her limits of drinking again. I walk down to see her digging through the cabinet, and a broken bottle on the ground.