Chapter 18

I looked over the screen of my phone at least a thousand times. I reread it in my head (and sometimes out loud) just to make sure that the one words was the correct decision to make. The word was going to make or break the next couple of months. 

I pressed send confidently, then the confidence seemed to die down every minute that he didn’t reply. I opened the messages again and looked that I had sent it.

‘Yes’ was what the message had read that I sent to Alfie. It said that he hadn’t seen it yet, and I started to regret pushing send. 

What if it was all a big joke on me? What if that little bit of asshole is still in Alfie? 

I need to stop being so negative. He said Ice cream, and that one good thing coming out of this. And if it was a joke I will still make him buy me ice cream. 

I watched T.V. until my phone beeped, and I looked down to see a message from Alfie. I hyperventilated while opening the messages and reading it. 

‘Great! What color are you wearing? Xx’ 

~♥~♥~

Alfie opened the car door for me, and I hopped out and thanked him. He smiled and his hand was placed on the small of my back, I looked at him oddly and he chuckled. 

“I’m being a gentlemen, Monica.” He looked forward, “Not pushing you against the wall and making out with you.” 

I scowled at his sarcasm. No shit, Alfie. 

He brought me to Spanish and went to go sit in the back while I went into the front with Mollie. She eyed him as he walked past us. “I still don’t trust him.” 

I sighed, I knew she wasn’t going to fully accept him into my life again. “Friends, Mollie, just friends.” I reminded her. 

Mr.Horan walked in and started the lesson, interrupting our conversation. Mollie went back to being Mollie, being flirty and fluttering her eyelashes like a bird flapping their wings. 

~♥~♥~

Alfie let go of the tight grip around my arm as we reached Mr.Styles’ door for after school tutoring. All day he has been like a fucking body guard, and after I said yes he has been acting like I am his property. 

“Bye Monica!” He waved as he walked away. I didn’t even look back, I just clothed Mr.Styles’ door and walked to my seat.

I let out a long breath as I sat down. 

“Everything alright?” His deep voice rang from his corner of the room, where his desk was located. I nodded and got out my books. He walked over with  the stack of papers he has for me. “Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” I reply, a smile on my lips to let him know I was fine when my master didn’t have a death grip on me.