Chapter 16

Monday came quickly, mainly because I laid in my bed thinking aka slept the weekend away. I wrote down the last answer to my Spanish homework. Mr.Horan still gives us packets to do every night. Yippy. 

I placed the packet on my unmade bed and went into my bathroom to turn the shower on. I undressed and got in when steam fogged up my mirror. 

After washing my hair I got out and started to dry my hair and do my make up, but since it was a Monday, I left my hair natural and didn’t bother to put much effort into my face. 

I grabbed black leggings with a grey sweater and a pink scarf, then put some pearl earrings in. 

I smelt Kate’s cooking and my mouth started to water so I nearly fell down the stairs to get my food. Kate heard me almost kill myself from the kitchen.

“Monica, it’s only 5:30.” She told me. 

I glanced at the stove clock and shrugged. “To be wise, early to rise.” I said before I knew how dumb I sounded. Kate laughed at my comment. “I should be a poet.” I sarcastically saved myself. It’s too early. 

I sat down and she gave me my breakfast, and I inhaled it like I always do. We went through the routine of her asking me if I wanted seconds and me almost saying yes but remembering that I have school. 

I made my bed and got my stuff together before it was time to go to school. Yay. 

~♥~♥~

I walked in to Spanish early and saw Mollie already there, standing at Mr.Horan’s desk talking to him. They didn’t notice me walk in. 

“I don’t understand.” She traced the lines of his wood desk. 

“See me after school if you want to get your grade up.” He smiled at her, his full attention was on her. 

“Oh,” She teased, “I don’t know.” I don’t know what Mollie was planning but it seemed to get Mr.Horan upset. 

“I promise you, your grade will rise by at least 10 points.” He spoke. 

“Okay-” I pulled out my chair obnoxiously and then turned to me. They stared at me and Mollie seemed to be killing me in her mind. 

“Oh,” I almost laughed, “Was I interrupting something.”

“Um-” Mollie’s eye widened at me. 

“I can leave if you would like-”

“Nope.” Mr.Horan stood up, “You are just fine.” He smiled, and I swear when he turned around he winked at Mollie. 

~♥~♥~

“I will never forgive you.” Mollie spoke is a hushed voice at lunch. I laughed again, she would not stop bickering about how I was a semi-cock block.