Chapter 31

I nodded and took small steps towards he. He held my door for me, closing it after. I walked down the stairs, he followed not far behind. 

“In the kitchen?” I ask him. He nods as he reaches the bottom of the stairs, I lead myself there.

I hear my mother talking to someone in the kitchen. I quietly walk in, not disturbing them. 

The girl had light blonde hair, she was dressed in designer jeans and a tight shirt. 

My mother notices me, and smiles. “Monica!” I smile slightly and walk over. “Meet Jane.”

I freeze, my smile drops and my breath hitched in my throat. She turns around, I nearly pass out. 

Blondie is Henry’s daughter?! 

“Do I know you?” She sets down her glass of wine.

I don’t speak, my lips are paralyzed and my voice is numb. I don’t move a muscle. 

“..Monica?” My mother notices the uncomfortable atmosphere. 

I blink and relax. I breath out quietly, slightly over reacting. “H-Hi.” I stutter out, mentally slapping myself. What a nice way to introduce myself. 

“Are you okay?” My mother asks me, a weird look on her face. 

“Y-yea.” I try to think of an excuse, but not one comes to mind. “But,” I go back to Jane’s first question, “I don’t think you know me.” I laugh awkwardly. 

“Really?” She studies my face. “You look oddly familiar.” 

“Not that I know of.” I say. The car accident was forever ago, it would be hard to remember my face, especially because I had stitches and blood all over me. 

She nods, and sips her wine. Good to know my mother found a family who has a liking in wine.  

“I’m pretty sure I know you from somewhere,” She sets her glass down, “But, it’s whatever.” 

I nod, god she was a stuck up girl. 

“Well I have to go…” I trail off for an excuse, “..Finish my homework.” I lie. 

“Go ahead honey.” My mother lets me go. I nod and walk past Henry, smiling. It instantly falls as I reach the stairs. 

I can’t believe that Harry’s girlfriend is the closest thing to a sister I’ll ever have. I lay on my bed, looking at the ceiling. 

I instantly sit up, faster than a blink of an eye. My eyes widen to the size of Jupiter it seems, at the problem I have in front of me. 

Harry is dating Jane, only because Jane’s father is giving him jobs. Henry is Jane’s father.