Chapter 40

The rest of the semester seemed to fly and summer came back from it's 6 month trip from the southern hemisphere. I made sure to make an effort for my grades, since I really had nothing else to focus on.

I sat in my last lunch period ever in high school. Sophie avoided me completely, which was probably the right thing to do, because I want nothing more than to punch her multiple times.

I hated Sophie, as did Mollie.

But what made me think is did Harry hate Sophie? Did he hate that we can't see each other anymore, and if anyone sees us talking our lives will ruined? Or did he see it as a way out of the mess he got himself into?

The bell rang - next was my last physiology. The last day of suffering from seeing him and not being able to talk to him.

Mollie showed my sympathy in her smile, I smiled back trying to look stronger than I actually was.

We walked slowly up the stairs like our death was waiting for us in the room.

Mollie laid a had on arm. "This is the last day, Mon. You'll get through this."

We walked in, I glanced at the desk to see Harry looking at this computer screen, reading an article. He turned in his chair and made eye contact with me, but quickly looked away.

I rolled my eyes out of frustration. I sighed and sat down in the back, slouching in my chair trying to be invisible.

"It's unfair, really." Mollie whispered. "I mean, he finger-fucked you once, he should at least say hi!"

I smacked her with the back of my hand.

"Ow!" Mollie cradled her arm like a baby.

The bell interrupted us and Harry took a deep breath then cleared his throat. He pushed himself out of the chair and stood in front of the class.

"Well, today is the last day of school for you guys!" He smiled cheerfully.

"We're going to miss you, Mr.Styles." Hailey spoke.

Harry smiled happily. "I'm going to miss you guys, too! You were always my favorite, talkative class."

Everyone laughed except Mollie and I. We stared blankly at Harry, he seemed to notice, he stood very stiffly and avoided everything in our direction.

"You guys have came a long, long way this year!" Harry leaned against his desk, "It wasn't easy, but the class really impressed with how you progressed!"

The class spoke with low voices about how our learning has improved, because it was true. Mrs. Smith couldn't compare to Harry's teaching.

"I'm going to let you talk to rest of the class, in celebration of the last day." The class cheered silently as they turned to friends.

~♥~♥~

"Have a great summer!" Harry said to the class as the bell rang.

He held the door open as the student exited, some girls hugged him on their way out. I looked at the floor and heard him sigh as I passed.

"Bye Mr.Styles." Mollie said behind me.

"Mollie, w-wait." I heard Harry stop Mollie as she exited. I kept walking 'til I turned the corner, out of sight.

I heard shuffling and then Harry spoke. "C-Can you give her this?" He whispered. "Tell her it's from me."

Mollie said nothing, but I heard her footsteps coming in my direction. She rounded the corner, spotting me.