Chapter 17

“Monica! He looked into my eyes so many times and he smiled when I talked and his arm brushed mine seven times!” Mollie screamed into her phone. It was early into the next day, and we had no time to talk to each other after school. 

“Wow Mollie! I think it’s true love!” She sensed the sarcasm in my voice and laughed. 

“Shut up.” She bit into something and chewed loudly at the other end, but I ignored it as I caught up on American Horror Story and ate my chunky monkey ice cream. 

“How was you date with Harry?” She said as she chewed. I paused netflixs and sighed. 

“Mollie.” I warned. She knows that I don’t use the term date for my study days with Harry. “But it was good I guess. I’m improving a lot!” I told her the good news.

“Do you really think I care about your knowledge in his class?” She asked me, and she knew I knew the answer. 

“He has a girl friend Mollie, fake or not he wants his job more than he wants me.” The facts were straight but were obviously not getting to Mollie in the correct form. 

“I don’t think you under stand the way he looks at you or the way he listens to you! Do you not remember how there was a bus stop outside of the hospital, but he drove us home? And did you not notice how he kept looking back to check on you as he was driving? Did you not notice how he went the long way to your house from mine?” She took a deep breath and waited for my response. 

“First off he’s never been to my house before, so he didn’t know where to go!” I defended myself and I felt her roll her eyes. “And he’s just being nice, Mollie. There’s a difference between being nice and liking somebody.”

“And he likes you.” She fought back in a calm manner. I was starting to get worked up on her nonsense. “Oops! I got to go! Love ya Mrs.Styles!” And with that she hung up, leaving me with steam almost leaving my ears. 

~♥~♥~

“Hi Monica.” I heard the familiar voice of my ex-boyfriend. 

I turned up to him. I was no longer mad at him, I had learned to get over stuff fairly quickly. “Hi Alfie.” Of course I still held the almost-rape against him, for it was himself, but it was in the past. 

“How have you been.” He sat next to me in chemistry. He seemed to be listening to my words for once.

“Well.” I answer, knowing he’s up to something. “What do-”

“Well Monica, I know your probably pissed at me for what I did, but I wanted to make it up to you.” He cut me off, taking me back a little bit. 

“And how would you do that?” I test his offer. 

“Ice cream maybe? I know you like Ice cream. Or…” He trailed off.

“Or what?” I asked him, wanting to know more. 

“Prom?” He looked at me and smiled, while mine fell. “Or we could do both.” He notice my frown. 

“Alfie.” I give him a disapproving look. “First off, I gave you more chances than you could ask for, and this is the worst way to ask me to prom.”

“Well, We would go as friends.” He said matter-a-fact-ly. “I didn’t want to go full out because that would be awkward.” He laughed while I stayed silent in my seat. 

The bell rang loudly and the teacher walked in and started the lesson. “Is that a Yes or a No?” He whispered to me while I was trying to pay attention. 

I sighed silently and turned to him. “I-I’ll think about it.” I whisper back.

~♥~♥~

I walked to Physiology with Mollie by my side. “Your awfully quiet.” She told me. We approach Mr.Styles’ door and I turned to her. 

“A-Alfie asked me to prom.” I told her with a shaky voice. 

She laughed as we walked through the wood door, which was the total opposite of what I thought she was going to do. We both greeted Mr.Styles with a warm smile and a ‘Hello’ before we sat in our seats. 

“That’s funny.” She said. “Funny that he thinks you would say yes.” She turns to me and see my frightened face. “Your going to say no, correct?” She questioned me. 

I stayed quiet and twiddled my thumbs as I heard her gasp. “Monica!” She sounds disappointed. 

“Spring is coming so fast, which means that Prom is coming quickly.” I told her. “I have no choice unless I don’t want to go to prom.” 

“But think of the things he’s done to you Mon.” She stated, trying to knock some sense into me, and my heart was begging me to let her. “I mean, really Monica?” 

“I told him I would think about it Mollie.” I said. 

“Good,” She starts getting her folder out of her bag, “So you can tell him no.”

“But he said he said he would also get me ice cream.” She paused in her place as the words ‘Ice Cream’ slipped from my mouth. 

I saw her internally scream because she knows that not only me, but herself, would not drop an offer with Ice Cream. “See my problem?” 

She nodded violently. “Yeah.” She painfully said. “Yeah, I do.” 

-

GUYS OMG IM SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT BUT I AM JUST SO HAPPY BC 10.1 K LIKE IHRKGBWEHJGFKYWFRGKG I SLaMMED MY HEAD ON MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD OMG I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OMG 

THIS IS SHORT BUT YOU GUY DESERVE AN EARLY UPDATE I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER KK ILY SFM 

love,

Poopy xxxxxxxx