chapter 39

"Today class," Harry started after the class was talking for half of the class, "We learn about emotions." He glanced at me.

My expression was blank, I really didn't care about what we have to learn and probably never will when it comes to this class.

A picture of the brain was showed on the wall in front of the class. A picture of the human body was shown next to it.

"What is the definitions of emotions?" Harry turned to the class.

Someone raised their hand. "A feeling?"

Harry nodded slowly. "A little more specific."

Someone else raised their hand. "An affective state of consciousness?"

Harry smiled at the student, he finally has taught the class something. "That's a perfect answer."

Harry turned to the board and wrote the exact words in black expo marker. He closed the cap and then pointed to a part of the brain.

"First, we will discuss anger and fear. Both emotions are triggered in the same part of the brain, known as the amygdala, which triggers a response in the hypothalamus." He paused to make sure the class was paying attention, "What does that mean?"

A few moments passed before someone rose their hand. "It means that those emotions occur without thinking."

"Correct!" Harry's smiled brightened.

"What part of the brain controls..." Hailey asked from the back of the room, "....love?"

"That was supposed to be last but....I guess we can talk about it now." He rearranged his teach schedule.

Harry thought for a moment before pointing at the diagram. "Love is made from complex chemical reactions that is generally made up in the center around the limbic system."

He looked at me from the corner of his eye. "It's generally produced when you feel affection toward someone. Mostly family members, friends, or lovers trigger the making of the emotion."

"Have you ever been in love?" Hailey asked again. Everyone except me 'ooo'ed, even Mollie except she elbowed me lightly. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the board.

Harry turned a slight pink, you could barely see it but it was definitely there.

"Um.." Harry was interrupted by the bell, we all packed up and began to leave the room. I walked to the door, and looked back at Harry to see him looking at the floor.

I followed Mollie to her car to go home.

"He was going to say yes," Mollie started the vehicle, "to saying that he has been in love."

I turned to her. "How are you so sure of that?"

"Because he loves you Monica." She pulled out of the parking lot.

I chuckled. "No he doesn't. We like each other but he definitely likes me back."

She shrugged. "I don't know...I just feel like the way he looks at you or the way he treats you is just something different." She pauses. "You may not see it Monica, but he does love you."

I deny it and shake it off. We just got back together. He can't love me.

He doesn't love me.

~♥~♥~

I heard a soft knock on my window from my bathroom. I peeked out to see the one and only Harry.

His eyes caught mine and he smiled and waved. I walked over to the window, opening it.