Chapter 34

I waited for a response, my hands were shaking like I was in the artic circle. His lips left the skin of my neck but hovered over the wet marks. He didn’t speak, he just breathed in deep thought. 

“Harry?” I asked in a small voice. I laid a hand on his shoulder and he pulled back to look at my face. 

His face read confusion and slight anger, with what I could see.  His eyebrows were frowning with his lip, his expression was ’are you stupid’?  

“Excuse me?” He asked, his voice was cocky. 

“I-I have my reasons-”

He interrupted me. “Yea, I have my reasons to be with her.”

I was taken back by his statement. My mouth opened in shock. “Harry she is cheating on you!”

“We aren’t even really dating, Monica! Does it look like I really care?” He raised his voice. 

“That is what you can tell her father, that’s why your breaking up with her-”

“Monica, do you know who her father is?” He glared at me, running a hand through his hair, “Do you?”

I paused and shook my head ‘no’. 

He breathed out. “Exactly, but he is the reason I have 2 jobs, and until I can stand up on my own two fucking feet, I am going to make Jane believe she is the love of my life and give her everything she wants.” I flinched as he raised his voice more, and when he started to use colorful words.

He neared my face, not for a loving action like a kiss, but in a intimidating way. “Go it?” He said through his teeth. 

A tear ran down my face. I felt small, he was a giant and I was a mouse. 

I opened his door and ran out before anymore could be said. 

~♥~♥~

I nearly made the palm of my hand bleed from my nails going into the skin. The clocked ticked by lunch, the class of physiology ticked closer. ‘

“Are you alright?” Mollie asked me. I nodded without looking at her, my eyes were glued to the clock. “Are you sure?”

“Fine.” I answered quickly. 2 and a half minutes still remained before I had to go to probably the worst part of the day.

“Are you going to skip physiology again? You have to face him sooner or later.” Mollie stated the obvious of the situation. 

“Why won’t you see him?” Sophie asked, still clueless to the entire story. 

“Nothing.” Mollie and I said in unison. 

“He was just mad. He should be over it.” She laid her hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me.

“He hasn’t asked where I was, did he?” I asked Mollie. 

She opened her mouth slowly. “Well…. When he was taking attendance, he asked where you were…” She trailed off. 

“Yea, you told me.” I continued with my point, “The he said ’figures’, because I was gone, correct?” 

She nodded before talking. “Yea.” She spoke lowly. 

“He doesn’t want to see me, so I won’t bother him.” I said, packing my stuff up as the bell was about to ring. “But I guess I have to go to his class, I just won’t talk to him.” 

She nodded, and we left the crowed café. We walked up the stairs slowly, we got to the room just before the bell rang. 

Mollie looked surprised as I walked into the room before her, she trailed behind as we walked to our desks. I sat in my seat, right in front of Harry’s desk. Great. 

He looked at his computer screen with his glasses on, taking a double take as I sat down. He looked surprised that I decided to show up. 

I tore my eyes away from him to look at the ground, I was ashamed and embarrassed. 

The bell rang loudly and he stood up, leaving his glasses at his deck on a stack of papers. 

He greeted the class and started the lesson, ignoring me the entire time. 

“Hailey, do you know the answer?” He called on Hailey in the back. 

Hailey answered, looking out of her packet.  

Harry smiled, dimples showing. “That was an excellent answer!” 

What the fuck? It was the only answer, how could it be ‘excellent’? It was either right or wrong.

“Please stay after class, Hailey.” Fuck you Harry. Fuck you. 

The bell rang and I collected my stuff and was the first to leave the room. Mollie sprinted to catch up to me. 

“Where are you going?” She asked as I pushed through the doors to the parking lot. 

“Home.” I spoke, not letting the tears slip from my eyes. 

“You can’t just leave school, Monica.” She grabbed my arm before my foot touch the sidewalk. 

I didn’t say anything, and I felt weak when a tear slipped from my eye. “I’m getting mad over nothing. It’s better for me to go home and cool off.” 

Mollie’s grip loosened and she sighed. My arm dropped back to my side. “I’m worried about you.” She said barely over a whisper.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.” I sniffle and wipe away the symbol of weakness. “I’ll be fine. But I’m still leaving.” 

She nodded and turned back to the opened door, closing it behind her. 

I started for the road back to my house, it was going to be a long walk. It usually goes by quickly since I do this often, but  with Harry driving me home everyday the familiar walk would probably take ages. 

Harry. I hate Harry. Well, right now. But I hate him, right now. Hopefully we make up and there’s no Jane to interrupt us.

~♥~♥~

The walk made my legs hurt and my stomach cry for food. I opened the door and walked to the kitchen with the strength I had left. My mom sat at the table, reading. I glanced at the clock, school had about 10 minutes left, so hopefully she doesn’t question my presence. 

She smiles at me. “Hi sweetie.” 

I don’t speak, I just look for my one and only. I search for cereal, and I hear my mom shuffling behind me. 

“I can call Kate over if you need her to make something-”

“I’m fine.” I say, pouring the cereal into a bowl. I get the milk and pour that quickly before going upstairs and locking myself n my room. 

I just wanted to be alone with my cereal. 

Hi. Sorry this took forever. I've literally been on and off of planes and it's Hard to write when a fat man is snoring next to you or a girl with a High pitched voice is speaking fucking Japanese next to you. It's a struggle. But I finished. 

I hope you all enjoy, I'm tired so I'm going to sleep. 

I'm in Denmark right now yay! The food is Gr8. 

Goodnight xxx

~Poppy xxx