Chapter 33

“Ohmygod.” Jane played with my hair in the mirror, “You are so stunning! I wish I had your legs!”

I laughed quietly, not really knowing how to respond. She finished our makeup, I directed her to keep mine simple and light. My hair was styled like her’s earlier in the day, while her’s was straightened, and a couple inches longer from extensions. 

“Let’s show Harry!” Just great. She grabbed my hand and waddled me out to the living room, where Harry sat eating take out. “Harry!” She called to get his attention. He slid off his glasses, which he wore in the hospital, and turned to look at us. 

He glanced at Jane, then trailed over to me. He lingered on the end of the dress, that barely covered the top of my thigh. I knew he disliked the fact that it was that short and revealing, but I had no choice, and neither did he if he didn’t want to blow our cover. 

“You girls look great!” He turned back to the telly, sliding his glasses back on. 

Jane pulled me to the door, I waddled again because of the heels. I was just about to whisper to Jesus himself if I got any taller. Jane was way ahead of me, I was still in the doorway looking at Harry for help. 

“Come on!” Jane yelled as she pressed the elevator button. 

I turned back into the living room, Harry looked back at me. 

“Well,” He pointed his fork in the direction of the lift, “Go on.”

I pouted at him, and he laughed quietly. “And don’t let dress rise to high love,” He cheekily let his eyes fall to the bottom of my dress again, “That’s only for my eyes.” 

I blushed and pulled at the hem of my dress while walking towards the elevator, the door slamming behind me. 

~♥~♥~

Jane cheered next to me at the party. Everyone was older than me by the looks of it, at least the legal age to drink. I held a cup of whatever they had in the kitchen, Jane too. All the cups matched with their vibrant green color. 

I slightly danced next to Blondie, she looked like she had been drinking for days. She called a lot of male attention, guy’s clung to her like a magnet. 

I glanced at my phone. It was late, my mother should be wondering where I am. “Jane.” She looked at me, still smiling, “I think I should get going, it’s late.” 

She laughed, a guy kissed at her neck. I wondered if she was oblivious to the fact that she has a ‘boyfriend’. “Don’t worry about it,” She gigdled, the guys nibbling at her ear, “I called your mum and told her we would be back late.”

Well, that’s just great. “I’m tired.” I say bluntly. She frowns and thinks for a moment before walking away from the guy. She walked up a set of stairs, and down a corridor of doors. She opened one and peeked inside, looking for people. 

“Come in.” She opened it more and stumbled in. She was still drunk.