Chapter 5: The Moment The Words Slip

"What you can't leave? What are you on about?" I stammered towards Hiccup with my voice rising with anger and upset. "I'm leaving Berk. I don't belong there and I never have. The moment I was born I've been a total disgrace anyone can see that Astrid." He told me. I stood up off the ground at full force and glared down at him. "What do you mean you're a disgrace Hiccup look what you've done for this village you've changed this world upside down, were at peace with the dragons and we've taken down anyone who gets in our way....." I trailed on and on.

"Yeah that's the point Astrid everyone accepts me for just training the dragons and making peace, that's it they don't accept me for who I really am. They think I should be strong and big like all the other Vikings, like my father. Well guess what I'm just a talking fishbone," he said calming although I could notice the roughness and anger there was to his voice. "You know what that isn't just it, my father comes to be this morning saying 'I believe it's time that you start learning about how to be chief and get your head out of those books, training the dragons and become a man' I have a flipping life that I still want to live Astrid," now you could notice the anger especially when he was mimicking his dad.

I took hold of his shoulders and made sure I was facing deeply into the dark forest emerald eyes that he had. "Now you listen to me what you just said isn't true okay you're everything but all that you understand what I'm saying to you!" my voice was rising by the minute. But he wasn't paying attention. He isn't paying attention to me at all. "Hey listen to me," I tried getting his attention. "But Astrid you would say that because that's you and you always come and make me feel better but this time, no not this time I'm sorry," he shrugged me abruptly. I was taken aback.

He started walking away from me and towards Toothless. I ran towards him and pulled him back again so he was facing me. "You can't leave what about Berk, what about your friends, what about your father........What about me?" I cried at him. He sighed and lowered his head and looked me deep in the eyes and said "I'm sorry Astrid you can't stop me......" he jumped on Toothless and flew off against the clouds.

"HICCUP!"

<at Berk>

I landed back on Berk feeling well not myself, and why would I be myself after what has just happened. How in Thor's name am I going to explain this to everyone, how am I going to explain this to Stoick? "Hey where's Hiccup?.......What happened?" Jack knew something was wrong he always he does. I grabbed him and he traced his hands into my hair and tried making me calm "Astrid it's okay it's okay I'm here just tell me what happened?"

I wiped away the tears and cried to him "He left.......Hiccup left," and with that I ran away from the crowd of people. Ran away from the words convincing me they are lies when deep down I know that they were the truth he meant it and he was never coming back.....