Chapter 64: Miss Me?

Hiccup

Pacing. Back and forth I went in the rugged cell they entrapped me in. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. Alvin trusts Viggo over the deal he made with Stoick and me. What was he thinking? Did he honestly believe that Viggo would give him Berk himself, just as if it would be handed over on a silver platter? This was ridiculous. Those weren't the only thing that was running through my brain; I couldn't stop thinking about Astrid. Was she okay? Was she alive? Was Jack taking care of her if it that? I felt defeated. She was right all along, the only defeat which runs through my brain and I hated myself for that because I trusted Hayley over my own girlfriend. What sort of person does that? Oh wait...that's me. My body found itself at the crooked brick wall. My head fell against its rocky surface, its texture cold as ice. The next thing I know is I'm bashing my head against it like I have nothing else to lose. "You start before the fun even begins," I tilted my head to the side to see Alvin stood in the cell doorway. "It can't be worse than I hell I already put myself in can it Alvin?" he shrugged answering my statement "Probably not. Trusting a spy over your own girlfriend and not knowing if she's alive or not is probably the worst hell anyone would go through."

I offered a fake smile lifting up from the wall "Thanks Alvin really needed that," he smiled lifting as well "My pleasure Hiccup." I groaned at his stupidness. He moved away from the door gesturing his arm outwards, an indication for me to follow. I did willingly only because I wasn't ready for fun to start just yet, not until I got a few answers of my own. The cell door slammed behind me sending the echoes of the cries down the cell hall. "You know Hiccup, you've changed from the last time I saw you, still a fishbone at that but a little more muscular I shall say the least," I couldn't say much as there wasn't much that needed to be said so I just answered "Well that was five years ago Alvin, I'm 20, not 15 anymore can you count?" he pushed me forwards violently as I shook my head laughing ever so slightly "But still got sarcasm I see," I turned round and smiled "Always." I turned back round and carried on walking before he could push me once more. "I have a question for you Alvin," No one was around strangely enough so I found it the perfect opportunity to ask what I wanted to ask. "Ask away dear Hiccup." So I did.

"You went away from the deal you set with Berk all so you could team up Viggo because he promised to get you Berk as long as you got me to him," then there was a long silence. I tilted my head backwards to see him calculating what I just spoke. "When you put it that way, I did yes," I laughed and stopped in my tracks turning to face him dead in the eye "We made peace Alvin, wasn't peace enough for you, you're in charge of your own island why would you want to be back on an island where my dad takes the orders and you follow in pursuit because whatever happens you will never take down my dad so you could take charge he wouldn't allow it and neither would I." He stepped closer towards me so close I could feel his ghastly breath take place on my own. Up close I could see deep into the maroon colour of his eyes and the crisp texture of his facial hair. "You think it's fun always seeing what could be the dead around you, never seeing the bright colour of sky or having a secure home to live in every night, not having proper food every night, you wouldn't know what that feels like because you live in all that, you have the perfect life Hiccup, a life not everyone gets." He leaned back standing upright once more. "That's just the way of life; at least it's better than not having a home at all."

He stood there bewildered at my comment, his eyes no longer filled with the longing of desiring something he thought he'd lost but for maybe appreciating the things that he already has. "Think about it," my last words echoed through brain before I carried on walking with him loose at my trail. He soon caught back up with his expression back to normal though nothing else was shared between us. I knew we were getting closer because voices were soon heard down the hall and Alvin made sure he placed the manacles around my wrists tightly. I didn't complain about the tightness around my wrists because I was sure it wasn't going to be as bad as what was going to happen to me. He pushed me into the arena. I was enveloped with the big dark clouds which surrounded the place; no scorch of life entered the area. I was shoved over to the centre where stood Viggo; he would never show a sign of a smile even if he has received what he truly desires. His arms were crossed as usual and his deep eyes were plunged onto me. With one last push I was stood directly in front of him. "Now that I'm closer to you, you have changed over the last time I saw you Hiccup, can hardly recognise you," I laughed pathetically showing I wasn't interested "Yea definitely Viggo, I've changed so much."