Chapter 30: Is She Going To Live?

Hiccup

I've been pacing back and forth outside of room for Thor knows how long now. Gothi said that she needed to check Astrid alone while everyone waited outside the door, basically meaning I have to stand outside the door. I could feel myself shaking with fear as it trickled its way down my body. However I also felt this rage burn inside of me, I couldn't get over the fact that Merida ad done this in spite of jealously.

Jack's been keeping me updated on her whereabouts, but apparently as soon as Astrid had showed up and that temper she took in the cave (well we figured that it may have been her who had done that) she quickly made her escape. I guess her plan didn't fail with whatever she was trying to prove, whatever she was trying to do to Astrid, it's worked. Astrid has been in the state of a coma for at least a month or two.

We know that she lost a considerable amount of blood, and was drugged at the same time, but we didn't know how much had been taken; now we do. Last time Gothi checked up on her she said that there was no change and that she didn't know when she was going to wake up. What if she doesn't wake up again? I shouldn't think like that, but it's the question that has been circling my brain ever since she collapsed in my arms.

Gothi soon made her appearance at the door along with Gobber who began to translate what she was saying to me "Gothi says that she's fading fast, it must take a miracle for her to wake back up. I'm sorry Hiccup," he patted his hand on my shoulder and lowered his head in sadness. My body tensed up at the message he just gave me. What did he mean 'a miracle to wake her up'? Please tell me that he is joking my head was screaming at me.

I made my way back into my room and sat next to her side. I watched at her heart beat up and down at a steady pace, the reflex in her eyes would move from time to time making me hope that she was going to wake up even though I knew that she wasn't going to. Not at the stage and it's my entire fault. If I wasn't so dumb none of this would have happened, I'm the reason that she is in this state and I can't change it even though I wish deeply that I could.

Her skin was pale and I would never be able to glance upon those ocean sapphire eyes of hers ever again. I would do anything to see them again. Suddenly everything that I ever felt for her started to flood back to me, at first it was in tiny pieces but now they start coming back to me in huge flashes as if I'm having a flashback of my past. Well that is exactly what is happening, but the emotions that i feel for her feel as if they have been magnified and I just can't bear to lose the girl that I love.

I take her hand through mine and hold it tightly and whisper next to her "I'm so sorry." I press my lips against her own and they have this amazing sweet sensation, that's when I heard a slight whisper "It's okay."