Chapter 69: Is There Only One Chance?

Astrid

The ride back to the Edge felt longer than it actually was. The dress I was wearing felt itchy and uncomfortable and my stomach feels like it's in pain. As soon as we landed I headed straight to my hut to get out of the disgusting outfit and into some normal clothes. I lifted the dress over my head but feeling my arms aching as I did so. I chucked on my normal clothes and collapsed on the bed in an instance. Everything around me started to form into different shapes as I gazed upon them and I knew immediately I was dizzy. I knew I was putting too much pressure on myself and I needed to calm down but the instinct inside me told me to keep going no matter the cost but I knew if I did something bad would happen in the process. I go to close my eyes but only for red head to barge through the door "Hey, meat head where am I sleeping?" I lifted my head and peaked at her "Don't call me meat head frizzy and besides can't a girl get some sleep," she made her movement known through my room by tracing her hands along my things tipping them side to side as she went.

"Why would you need some sleep?" she questioned fixing her gaze upon me "You have no idea," I mumbled closing my eyes hoping to ignore her best that I could. "You're pregnant aren't you, that's why look so fatigued and down-written," I lifted my hands into a thumbs up sign at her, that's when she made her presence known on the bed, pushing my legs to the side making room for herself "Look frizzy just because you are here helping us doesn't mean I want to enjoy your company now piss off," she threw her hands up in surrender but stayed put in her seat making my blood boil like nobody's business. "I guess the feeling is neutral but it looks like you need help and I'm willing to give," I swear my life just turned into a complete nightmare, I sighed heavily and sat up to face her "I guess then I have no choice," she smiled lifting her head "How long are you in?"

"Almost a month," I told her and she nodded "Right and then Hiccup was taken which made you get all stressed and confused but this reflects on that little life inside you which is hurting you and hurting it, you need to take a beat as well as work because if you keep going you will lose your strength and whatever else your good at," I sighed in defeat knowing she was right; she placed her hands on my shoulders pushed me down the bed "So rest now and sort everything out when you're feeling better okay, and trust me I'll be fine with the others," I had no choice in this matter as I felt my whole body fall into darkness with her being my last image as she left the hut.

"Astrid, Astrid wake up. Astrid wake up!" I felt my body shake from these soft hands on my shoulders and blue gaze falling down on me. "Jack what is it?" I murmured fully opening my gaze I looked past him and out the door of my hut to see the sun setting like it was just before I closed my eyes, did I sleep at all or was it just a hallucination? "How long have I been out?" I asked him turning my gaze back onto Jack "12 hours but Astrid trust me, you needed it," that's when it hit me, I wasn't looking at a sunset, I was looking at a sunrise. I pushed myself up off the bed and followed Jack to the clubhouse to see everyone surrounding around one person. Dagur. "Dagur! What are you doing here you're supposed to be looking out for Hiccup!" My voice was enraged with anger as I stormed towards him as he threw his hands up in surrender. "And I am believe me," he spoke calmly as anything "But Astrid he has information on how to get him out of there," I looked at Jack and then back at Dagur who was smiling at me. It felt weird seeing that.

I positioned myself next to Dagur as the others surrounded and I seemed to be looking down at a map "This is the map of the whole Outcast compound, Hiccup is being held here," he pointed down to the left hand side of what I supposed to be the arena I was in when I trained the Monstrous Nightmare "They have guards outside the door 24/7 the only people aloud in are Hayley, Alvin and myself," I was getting frustrated but taking it in all the same "Okay but how does this help us?" Snotlout interrupted Dagur "Viggo is still secretive as ever but he's planning something because everything is being doubled the guards, the weapons, I mean everything, around here they have placed double security," he pointed down at the arena "He thinks we'll attack there?" I questioned his movement "Yes because it's the quickest way to get to Hiccup," Dagur answered me "And let me guess, we aren't going through that way," Snotlout asked Dagur but as he was about to answer I stopped him "Yea we are," everyone looked at me confused.

"Astrid I think your losing your touch, do you seriously wanna fly in towards a doubled amount of guards just to get to Hiccup," I whacked Snotlout over the head "That's not what she's thinking Snotface," Merida barged through grabbed a piece of charcoal and started drawing on the map, "Most of us will be going through this way while the others go round the back way to get him because this way Viggo will believe we are coming in from the front and won't suspect anything from the back," Everyone nodded with the plan "Dagur is there anything else we need to know?" I asked him "As a matter of fact there is, the guards seem to be preparing a number of ships at the docks, I think Viggo is planning on moving away from Outcast Island, breaking the deal with Alvin to-," he was cut short "To find me...he's planning on taking Hiccup with him to find me, that's why everything is doubled. He knows there's a traitor in his midst and he isn't taking any chances so if were gonna do this were gonna have to it now before they move him," Merida looked at all of us seriously.

"Merida's right, why else would this be happening?" I spoke looking down at the map my worries taking over me as I felt my knees shake. "You wanna trust her?" Tuff pointed at Merida "Just because she was a bitch in the past doesn't mean she makes wrong choices at this moment in time Tuffnut," my voice was harsh and cold. I turned to Dagur "Try and get Hiccup out and we'll meet you halfway," he nodded "And try not to get catch otherwise this will all be over." He nodded once more before I turned to everyone else "We only have one chance at this guys, so we have to do this right." 

I know this chapter is short but I needed to put something in between the other chapter and the next to make sure it made sense for what I'm planning next. Thanks for reading guys!