Chapter 27: Snoggletog Party

Hiccup

Everyone has been very suspicious these days leading up to the damn snoggletog party. Merida keeps going off to do target practise even though she is already a pro, Jack and the others are acting as if something is going on and that they are hiding something away from me and lastly Astrid has completely gone missing. I mean no one has seen her and it's making me extremely worried.

She wouldn't just disappear without telling anyone that's not her style. She would have at least told Jack, Heather or Ruff, well knowing Ruff she wouldn't remember anyway, but that isn't the point. Every year at the snoggletog party I and Astrid would go together not as in together together, but as mates and now she is isn't here.

We would watch each different music piece do their part while everyone would dance and we would just stand at the side and watch. Now this year however I was going with Merida, where I actually had a date. Well I was all ready to take Merida up to the Great Hall but she was taking forever to get ready, like usual, but I didn't mind.

When she was finally ready I linked my arm in with hers and we headed up to the Great Hall. The place looked amazing like usual, they had the banners and streamers hung neatly, the lanterns falling nicely above our heads and the music playing loudly. I will admit it did put a smile across my face; the only downer was I still couldn't stop thinking about Astrid, wondering whether or not if she was okay?

Merida tried taking my mind off it though, she danced with me, we ate, drank, danced and the night was indeed good, just not good enough. When the night was almost over Merida asked if we could head back to the house as she was getting tired and of course I agreed to her command. As we were about to leave we could hear this noise coming from the stage.

Our heads looked up to see what was going on and standing next to the microphone was Astrid. She was wearing this amazing blue dress that brought out her eyes, her hair was down for a change and it looked like the waves from the ocean.

Hey
Dear whoever, do you remember? It's me old whatshername Can't believe it you ain't dreamin' I don't look quite the same

But history repeats itself I kept making a scene I kept raising hell Now they call me a queen And you're under my spell So tell me how does it feel? Well...

I'm looking down from the skyline Dancing on the moonlight Can you see my name in the stars? Yeah, I bet you won't forget me now My voice on the air waves It's echoing louder and louder I bet you won't forget me now I bet you won't forget me now

Hey whoever it's been forever I know you know my name I heard ya still tryna steal my throne I guess some things never change

Always knew I'd make it out Live a life you dream about Now the world's in my hands According to plan

I'm looking down from the skyline Dancing on the moonlight Can you see my name in the stars? Yeah, I bet you won't forget me now My voice on the air waves It's echoing louder and louder I bet you won't forget me now I bet you won't forget me now

Said you were gonna run this town Now you get high and just drive around It didn't happen like you thought it would, yeah Hit me up like, "hope you're good" And "can you put me on the list tonight?" And "by the way I got this clothing line" Trying to talk like we're old friends But, you don't even know who I am Who I am, who I am

I'm looking down from the skyline Dancing on the moonlight Can you see my name in the stars Yeah, I bet you won't forget me now My voice on the air waves It's echoing louder and louder I bet you won't forget me now I bet you won't forget me now

I bet you won't forget me now I bet you won't forget me now I bet you won't

Her voice was amazing, it was just so mesmerizing, everyone was dancing or watching her amazed. After when she was finished she jumped off the stage with the others who were behind and I ran towards her shoving Merida off my arm. I ran and held her close into me. "Where the hell have you been?" I nearly shouted, she whispered "It's a long story."

I let her go and smiled at her while she gave me a weak one back and slowly looked as if she was losing her balance. "Hey Astrid, you okay?" I asked immediately. All she did was nod, "Astrid?" Jack was by her side and she moaned "I fine Jack," but suddenly collapsed almost hitting the ground before I was just able to catch her.

"We'll take it from here," Jack was about to take her out my arms, "No I've got her, I'm taking her back to my house and you guys are going to tell me exactly what is going on around here!"