Chapter 33: Unexpected Wakeup

Astrid

"No I said that she woke up, not that she was awake don't you guys listen," Hiccup sounded agitated. "You said that my true love was awake lying in that bed and now you're telling me that it was all a lie!" Snotlout's voice started to rise at the end of his sentence. "Urgh shut up Snotlout or people are gonna hear you from miles away," I moaned from my bed. My eyes open slightly and I noticed that everyone was crowded around me. But close to me holding my hand was the person that I least expected to be there. Hiccup.

"Astrid, how are you feeling?" He asked me, I heard the concern written in his voice as well as over his body. I nodded at him "Good I guess," I sat up slowly feeling my arms had no strength in them whatsoever. "No offence or anything guys, I know that you may have been worried about me and all but okay now so please give me some space," I told them. They shared glances at each other and sighed leaving the room except from Hiccup. I looked away from him awkwardly. "You know why I'm like this don't you?"

He lowered his head I noticed from the corner of my eye. "I know Astrid, I know why and I can't believe that I was too blinded to see it," I turned my head to look at him "That's the thing Hiccup, from everyone we know, from everyone that we are friends with I wanted it to be you who was the one that noticed what was going on, I wanted it to be you who could see the stress I was going through but it wasn't you, it was everyone but you!!"

He looked me dead in the eye and said back "You don't think I that Astrid and it pains me that it wasn't me who noticed, and that will stay with me for the rest of my days because I was too blinded to see it, don't you get how that makes me feel as well, I was worried sick about you don't you get that!" I did get it, but that doesn't make it okay. I shook my head at him and got off the bed only now realising that it wasn't even my bed but his own.

"Astrid wait I'm sorry!!" I heard him calling me back, but I wasn't going to, I carried on walking till I was out the door and on top of Stormfly and she shot into the air without me giving a command to. I watched as Hiccup came running out the door still shouting my name, I didn't look back I just carried on flying away until I was somewhere peaceful and alone.

You'd think that being alone for days unconscious you'd want to be around your friends, but not me, I just felt like I needed to be alone just for a little bit longer, until I knew that I had everything figured out, until I had figured out what I really felt towards him. About how I felt about the whole thing that has actually happened to me. What I should do about Merida?