Chapter 35: Sticking Up For The Wrong Person

Astrid

So what? I made myself a new outfit I don't actually see what the big deal is all about. Everyone just keeps coming to me and complimenting me...or they just stare. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. I walked over to the others to get away from the crazy havoc. It was torture. "Whoa, Astrid...you look different?" Tuff exclaimed "Thanks Tuff like I don't already know that," I stated the obvious. "It's good, very fetching," he carried on "Tuff we get it!" Heather shouted at him "And I'm pretty sure Astrid does too," she added and he stopped. I smiled at Heather as did she to me.

"So what we doing today? It better be something interesting," Snotlout muttered and everyone just shook their heads "We should be out looking for Merida," I told them and they gazed at me looking a bit dazed, "Um Astrid are you sure that's the best idea right now, you know after everything that has happened recently," Fishlegs stumbled upon his words. I glared at him "Of course it's a good idea and I don't give a damn about what has gone on recently she can't just get away with what she has done, she has to pay for that," I tried to control my temper but if one thing is said wrong I knew that I was gonna burst – I didn't even know why.

"Astrid we understand that, but we wouldn't even know where to start and we don't know if she's still on the island so it would probably be a waste of time," Jack commented, "Oh just forget it then all of you, I'll find her myself!" I shouted at them "Astrid wait!" They all said unison "What's going on here?" Hiccup then entered the conversation, I didn't need this right now, I really didn't need it. "Nothing," I mumbled "If you're going after Merida it will be a waste of time, she's good at hiding her tracks in fact she's amazing at it and for one I think you need to just leave her alone, she made one mistake that was all," fire was boiling up inside me, I couldn't take what he just said to me.

"Excuse me! She made one mistake so just leave her alone?! What sort of comment is that?! She murdered my sister in cold blood, she tried to kill me! And you want me to leave her alone just like that! You know what happened so why are you still defending the bitch!" I couldn't contain my anger "It's that damn spell isn't it your still under lock and key, well do me a favour, once you've figured your life out stop interfering with mine. Now I'm going to find her and I'm gonna do what I feel is absolutely necessary!" I screamed in his face and took off without another word. How dare he stick up for that red headed mess?

As I left I heard Heather say "Well I know what I'm doing today, I'm gonna break that damn spell," I didn't actually care this moment in time, my soul focus was on Merida, I needed to find her and I needed her to pay for everything that she has done to me. She's ruined my life now I was gonna ruin hers. I headed up to my house, grabbed my axe and headed into the woods, that was gonna be a starting point, she loves the woods just as much as I do, she may be good or should I say in Hiccup's words 'amazing' at hiding her tracks but however so am I giving me an advantage on the bitch. I kept going and going until I found her tracks and from that moment on I followed until it ended and I found her.