Chapter 23: Inventions From Another World

Astrid

Cold...darkness...heaviness...weakness...too much feeling in one knock out. Searing pain searching its way through each one of my bones. Debating whether or not to open my eyes, to embrace what's around me, but instead I just wanna sit or lie here whichever one it is and let the pain seep away from my body. How could this even happen to me? I'm usually much clever than this, I'm smarter than to let someone come behind me and get the better of me?

At least...well at least that's what I thought I was...I guess I was wrong. I didn't want to keep my eyes shut any longer; the pain just seemed to increase more than if they were open. They open slightly trying to gather my surroundings so I could make a decision if I shoulder open them further. But all I could see was a blur around me, something that was still dark, with what seemed little candle light spreading the room.

Was it a room though? It didn't look like one as my eyes started to widen open a little bit more. More of a cave looking layout, I think, yep it was definitely a cave, what in Thor's name was I doing in a cave? I moved my leg slightly to get feeling back into it, but as I did so, I could hear a clash of metal against the ground. Hearing a clash of metal only means one thing and it's pretty obvious what that one thing would be, chains.

Or it could possibly just be one chain wrapped around my foot or something, because I don't hear any more unless I just move my foot. I didn't need to go any further into who brought me here or even why I was here? Only because I knew the answer to my question and it was only a matter of time before she did so anyway. But across the ground I could see something led on the floor.

I couldn't make out what it was; I crawled over towards the thing and held it in my hand. I'd never seen anything like this before. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but intrigued to find out what it was? It was a little long and it looked like there was a cap on the top although I don't think it is a cap. It's able to be pushed down but also be pulled back up.

I look down at the bottom of the strange device and it sharp something that looks like it could pierce your skin. "If you're wondering what that is, it's called a needle," I jumped out my skin, as I turned to see Merida leaving against the cave wall, gazing down at her arrow carving a design into it. "Why did you bring me here?" why did I just ask that even though I know why I'm here?

"I said to you stay away from Hiccup or something bad will happen-"

"I stayed away!"

"Oh sure you did, so why did I see you with him nearly every day?"

"He came to me, that's not my fault. Besides you got back at me! You killed my sister the only family I had left."

"Then you got back at me."

"Oh yea how are you? Did you like what me and the twins did, quite clever if you ask me," I said mockingly. "This is petty and ridiculous you know that right, you can't go round hurting the people I care about just because I love one boy!" I immediately clasped my hand to my mouth. I've never said it out loud before and now I've just said to the evilest person in this entire universe.

"So you do like him?"

"Wasn't it obvious to begin with bitch?"

"Hm maybe it was and I thought hurting the people you care about and I figured that wouldn't hurt you as bad as if I actually inflicted the pain on you yourself. I hate you Astrid, you're a nuisance that I can't stand."

"So what are you gonna do...kill me?!" she got up close to me and got into my face and breathed "Precisely," she stepped back away from me and pulled out more of this weird looking needles as she called them earlier, "But first I want you to face pain, weaken you until-"

"Until you've drained me of all my blood."

"Wow guess you are clever."