Chapter 45: The Plan

Hiccup

It burned inside knowing that Viggo manipulated this whole plan in the first place. He waited for the correct opportunity to take his stance. The fire raged through me no matter how hard I tried to deny it. I know I should stay calm in this situation but I just can't. This isn't what it used to be, the world has turned its tables. If I had never left home in the first place we wouldn't be in this position right now. She wouldn't be in this position right now. I put her in this place ever since I left, leaving my life behind me in my wake. Leaving her behind in my wake. I regret that decision the moment I got my memory back. Ever since I left the world's tables flipped around and it was my entire fault. I have to put it right again.

At the moment we were gathered back at the Edge; just like old times. "If it's just like what we faced before then Viggo is probably still playing the game...Maces and Talons, but if it's not then we need to prepare for what comes at us," I stated to them all. "Or what you're trying to say is prepare for what Astrid can do against us, which of course she will," Snotlout spoke the words from my own brain. "Yes Snotlout I guess that is what I'm trying to get at," I felt a hand placed on my shoulder; I looked to my side to notice that it was Heather. "Guys we've all been against Astrid before in training this isn't going to be that bad," She tried comforting the situation.

"Except Hiccup," Snotlout added onto the end of Heather's sentence. "Thanks Snotlout that makes me feel loads better," I said sarcastically to him. "Look Hiccup, Snotlout is right, whatever Viggo has planned it's obviously aimed towards you, he figures that if he can't make you suffer himself he'll get the things you love most to do it for you, either you-," I stopped Jack within his sentence "I get it Jack and I don't need to hear it," I slammed my hands down on the table. "So what are we gonna do?" Fishlegs asked. "We find them, we get Astrid back and we stop him like we should have done at the volcano," I stated the plan. Simple and sweet. Hoping that it would work.

Everyone nodded and we immediately took off. "Hiccup, you know that Viggo has probably told her things...things that she's gonna believe are true and she won't stop at you," Heather held me back. I lowered my head and then looked at her "I understand Heather and neither will I." I stated. I jumped onto Toothless and caught up with the others. As we rode I felt the crisp wind slam against my face, trace within my shaky hair. Not that it mattered much I was just concerned for the person I love most. I needed to get her back and I would get her back. We got nearer and nearer towards the ships meaning we were getting closer to Astrid.

"Destroy the ships, I'll find Astrid," I told them all and they nodded. We all descended inwards. Toothless made his way towards the head ship, dodging the arrows as we kept getting closer and closer. His plasma blasts destroying the catapults and men as we landed on deck. Sooner than later the others joined me by my side as the hunters surrounded us. "Okay this should be easy," I heard Snotlout mumble but smirk at the same time. The hunters descended and we attacked. I don't know why, but this time against them it felt sort of different, as if they had grown stronger within a matter of a year. "He's mine!" I heard a girl shout from the top of the deck. My head swivelled round to see a magical light standing there. Her honey-blonde hair blew down by her side and her axe was aimed straight towards me tightened ready to fight.

"Hey Astrid."