Chapter 29: Now Do You Believe?

Jack

We took Hiccup back to the cave we found Astrid captive in, when we got there again; the thorns were still covering the entrance. "In there, you can't be serious, it's covered with thorns and braches, no one is able to get through it," Hiccup stated the obvious, however we all shook our heads, that's when I started to hear this giggling come from behind me. As Fishlegs and Snotlout tried convincing Hiccup, I slowly turned round to see no one there.

As I turned back round I watched as the twins pushed Hiccup through the thorns and he disappeared from our sights as he screamed. I looked at the twins gob-smacked but they just carried on laughing, Snotlout soon joined in as we all made our way through the thorns, "I guess that's step one into believing what we have to say right?" I smirked down at Hiccup on the ground, placing my hand out in front of me to help him back up.

He took it and gave a sarcastic smile towards me "Just show me the truth already, so we can get this over and done with," I nodded at his remark and followed the trail down the cave which lead us to Astrid. They all followed behind me and we entered the area in which we found her. Surprisingly the place looked sort of the way we left it, except this time, it just looked even more trashed than it did, as if someone had a temper.

Hiccup started scanning the cave, finding left over needles from Merida, some had little drops of blood in them and then others had the serum left in them. Snotlout found a strand of Merida's hair lying on the floor and handed it over to Hiccup, his eyes widened and his head lowered in distraught. He couldn't believe his eyes, I could tell. His head looked up and his eyes looked towards me, "Do you believe us now?" was all I said.

He just nodded his head, "Why did she do this?" I'm surprised that he didn't know the answer already, "She was jealous of Astrid and you, because she knew that you loved Astrid and that Astrid loved you but you wouldn't remember that because she's bewitched your mind, into thinking that you loved her and you never had a slight feeling for Astrid." His eyes started to water, I could see it, but he was never going to let a tear fall from his eyes, I could tell.

Instead he walked back the way we can, went straight up to his house and said by Astrid's side, holding her hand and resting his head on her chest, I think he finally realised what he had done, even though it was never his fault.

It was all her's....