Chapter 36: Potion Making

Heather

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Jack asked me looking at what I was doing with a confused look...well as did everyone else. I was standing over one of Gobber's old smelting cauldrons concocting a mixture that would get rid of that damn spell Merida kept Hiccup under. It was strange because one moment he would be fine, as if he was his normal self but then the next minute he would be this totally different person he started to disagree with everyone again. It was strange. "Yes Jack I know what I'm doing if I didn't I wouldn't be standing over a smelting cauldron with certain ingredients. "How do you even know how to do that?" Snotlout asked coming closer to the cauldron bending his head into it.

I pulled his head back away from it and answered "Because before I found out that Dagur was my family the family I did have knew how to do all this sort of stuff, so...I learned from them," he looked amazed at me "That remarkable, is there an end to your talent," but it wasn't Snotlout who spoke, my head turned around to see that it was Fishlegs who did. My head swivelled back around and I felt my cheeks begin to blush. "So when will it be done?" Rapunzel asked me. "Well it's hard to say, this sort of potion can either take hours, or it can take minutes," I told them all.

Everyone groaned and Tuff came over and looked at the cauldron "HURRY UP YOU STUPID-!" he was soon cut off by Hiccup "Hurry up with what?" Without making it obvious everyone stood right in front of me and the cauldron "Smooth guys, very smooth," I mumbled sarcastically. "You know I can see that don't you?" Hiccup stated the obvious "Ha ha ha heh see what exactly?" Snotlout and Fishlegs stumbled upon their words in unison. "Hiccup then pushed everyone aside to see me and a cauldron. "What are you making?" he asked me, I just shrugged "Something for Astrid," I told a complete lie one of my great talents "What for exactly?" he kept questioning.

"Look Hiccup, you of all people should know that she has been going through a lot lately and I'm just making something to cheer her up now is that such a crime?" I looked at him dead in the eyes so both our emerald eyes clashed. "No it's not a crime; just tell me when she gets back would you?" I didn't answer him just got back to the mixture; he sighed and began to walk away, once he was out of site we all got back to it. "You totally lied to his face," Tuff laughed, "Yes Tuff I did...besides it wasn't exactly a lie, this is something for Astrid."

"Uh is it meant to be doing that?" Snotlout pointed into the cauldron; the potion seemed to be bubbling like crazy so I pulled in off the heat and smiled "It's meant to be doing that exactly," they all just looked confused "Why is it so green?" Ruff asked "Why what colour do you want it to be?" I asked her, she just shrugged "There's seems to be a lot of it how much do we give him?" Jack asked me. "We have seven chances, one doss for each of us, it only needs to happen once so if one of us fails then another one of us has to try," I told them each handing them a cup of the potion.

"How do we exactly give it to him it's not as if we can give it to him on a silver platter," Snotlout stated "We put it into whatever he eats or drinks or just anything that makes it go into his system without him knowing." I told them straight. "That's it?" Fishlegs stated "That's it," I answered, "Then let's get going." And we all took off.