Chapter 10: Vanished

It's been a few days and they haven't come back yet. When they said that they were close and would be home soon I figured it be a day or two but no it's been five days which makes it almost a week. What if something bad had happened? What happened if they lost track in where they were? Urgh come on Astrid their smart their not gonna get lost especially since Hiccup is there.

Hiccup......Hiccup.....

Every time I think of that name I feel a strange pang of emotion struck through my veins and my heart begins to beat rapidly and I forget about the world around me. "Hey, Astrid you there, hellllooo earth to Astrid," I snapped out my trance to see Ruff standing waving her hands in front of my face. "Oh um yeah sorry lost in my thoughts there for a moment," she crossed her arms across her chest pierced her eyes deeply into my own and nodded "Yeah noticed that." I rolled my eyes and begin walking away from the edge of the cliff I was standing upon.

"Hey Astrid hold up would ya," Ruff yelled running after my, she pulled my arm hard and I turned to face her. But I couldn't look at her directly I didn't want those eyes cutting deep into my soul and making me feel worse than I already am about myself. I don't need that right now. "Astrid what in Thor's name is eating at you right now," this time I looked at her and pierced my eyes deep down into hers making her feel as awkward as I am.

"You wanna know what's wrong Ruff is that they should have been back days ago, right so where in Odin's name are they, I'm worried sick and that's not usually like me but that's what's happening to me okay so flippin deal with it okay," I screamed in her face. She stumbled slightly backwards. "Ruff I'm sorry I'm just nervous and worried about them," I tried apologising. She nodded "I understand Astrid come on let's head on back," and with that we made our way back to the village.

There was this big commotion when we got down at the village. Ever since Hiccup left all we get if this big commotion appearing in the middle of the village. It's becoming a habit and it's getting on my nerves. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" we heard this rough voice shout out of the crowd. Me and Ruff looked at each other and immediately ran towards the crowd the watch Stoick walk away back to his house.

All the villagers glanced towards us and backed away from us. Standing in the middle of the crowd was this girl who looked the same age as me. She had ebony black hair that made a side braid down her side that glistened in the sunlight. She wore this metal looking skirt and a brown leather looking top. "HEATHER!" I shouted. She raised her head to look at me.

We embraced each other into a hug and stayed there for like....I dunno how long it was to be honest with you. "What are you doing here?" I asked. We broke apart and she replied "Remember I said I was moving here," I slammed my hand against my face and replied "Yeah geez I forgot about that, more focused on Hiccup and Jack and all that you know," I said shrugging my shoulders slightly in embarrassment.

"Um Astrid there's something that you should know...." she trailed off at the end of her sentence. I looked up at her and glanced deep, deep into her thoughts. Too much, I can't take anything else; too much has happened what else am I about to endure? "What is it Heather?" I asked my voice beginning to shake. She looked down and trailed her feet along the dirt creating a pattern then looked back at me and said

"Hiccup and Jack are missing."