Chapter 31: From What We See, Could It Be Pure Imagination?

Jack

I guess Merida made her escape as soon as she could because we have searched this island through thick and thin and there has been no sign of her anywhere and believe me, we have searched completely everywhere. In the end we all just stopped looking for her as it was beginning to be a waste of our time. We hardly see Hiccup anymore, he just sits by Astrid's side all day long, and he won't leave her.

I mean who would blame him, he finally realises the truth and he blames himself for all of it. He shouldn't though, he was captured under the witches spell, he had no control over what he was doing, okay maybe he had a little control, but his mind was blinded by the evil trailing through his mind so no one can blame him for that. Not even him. In the meantime though we were all down by the oceans shoreline.

I was standing at the edge of the water, letting it whisper things to me as it reached my toes. "It reminds you of her doesn't it," I look to my side to see Heather come to my side "Astrid?" she nodded at my answer. "We used to stand her when we kids and watch the sunset kiss the ocean as it went down, I just get the feeling that..." I couldn't finish my sentence and just let my head drop to face the golden sweet sand.

So she finished it for me "You'll never to get to have that moment with her ever again," I just took a huge sigh in despair and sadness, "Jack, you have to believe that she will be okay." And within that moment we suddenly heard this yelling coming down the hill leading to the beach. All of our heads spun round to see a crazy Hiccup making his way towards us so we all rapidly ran towards him.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Snotlout asked laughing at little. We all were just staring at him as he was just standing there wide eyed panting like nobody's business. "Oh just spit it out Hiccup!" We all yelled at him unison. "Astrid...Astrid she...she woke up," as soon as I heard those words escape his mouth I immediately shot through the air towards the house while everyone ran as fast as they possibly could.

We made our way up to the stairs and into the room at lightning speed. However, when we got in there she lay exactly as she has been for the past two months, as if there had been no improvement whatsoever. Our heads turned to look at Hiccup in unison and most of us were glaring while others were just looking damn confused. "I thought you said that she was awake?" Fishlegs asked.

"No I said that she woke up, not that she was awake don't you guys listen," Hiccup sounded agitated with us. "You said that my true love was awake lying in that bed and now you're telling me that it was all a lie!" Snotlout's voice started to rise at the end of his sentence. "Urgh shut up Snotlout or people are gonna hear you from miles away," the voice we've been wanting to hear for two months spoke.