Chapter 8: Just Come Back......You Promised

I took an evening flight with Stormfly to get Hiccup and Jack off my mind. Wondering where they both were at this very moment in time. Wishing I could go after them. The question in my head I keep asking myself is why? Why didn't I go after them? Why did I stay on Berk while the one I love and the one who is like a brother to me had gone off? I should have went with Jack, I believe that he will bring Hiccup back, I do believe that, but now that I know that the boy I loved, loves me back, I want to go after him and wrap him around me and never let him make rash decisions again.

I led back on Stormfly's back and rested their wondering thinking how long will it take for them to come back. I've been receiving letters from Hiccup each week, updating me, telling me that he's okay and that he's happy wherever he is and goes......the fact is it's without me. At the end of every letter he always says that he loves me......and I do the same back.....because it's the truth.

I start to get tired and signal for Stormfly to head home. I wander through the midnight sky until I reach back to my empty house where I live alone. It's nice, peaceful, secluded. Although I miss my parents so much, they died during a dragon attack; there was nothing I could have done to stop. Jack also lost his parents too that same day. That's how we got close to each other and ever since that day we've shared the same home, but now, now it's me and Stormfly until he gets back.

I walked through the door and noticed sat on the table in front of me was an envelope. It couldn't be one from Hiccup surely not, I mean I already had one this week from him so who could it be from. I sat down on my bed and ripped open the paper. It read:

Dear Astrid,

How are things on Berk and mostly how are you doing? I'm sorry I haven't made contact with you until now Hiccup knows how to cover his tracks, he's smart but let's just say not smart enough. I'm gaining on him, at least I hope I am and he's not sending me on a wild goose chase like usual.

But even so I am trying my best and I'm worried about how you're doing? You're like a sister to me and I get worried that easily, so don't laugh at me okay. Once I have found Hiccup I will bring him back and we can make things right.

I'll try to keep contact as often as I possibly can....

Jack Frost

I tear escaped my eyes.

"Just come back......you promised"