Chapter 7: Dear Astrid

Dear Astrid,

I'm sorry for what has happened I wouldn't have left if I didn't have good reason to. I just hope that you understand this. In case you were wondering I'm fine, I and Toothless are okay. It's the best feeling out here, being free I have never felt better, no one telling me what to do and where to be, I can do what I want and no one can stop me. This is the life I have wanted Astrid for a while and never had chance to live it. I will come back Astrid know that because I can't leave you because......well.....okay here it comes.....

I never had the chance to say this to you.....maybe because I was a nervous wreck......or maybe because I never had the guts to tell you......or maybe because I don't think you feel the same back.......or maybe even all of the above. But Astrid I'm going to say it know even if this isn't to your face.

But I love you and I'm sorry that I have crushed your heart by doing what I have done......in time maybe you can forgive me....

I love you

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

The letter....that letter appeared on my doorstep early in the morning. No one saw him send it, no one saw him come back and deliver it. It just appeared in thin air. I sat down and opened it up and read and re-read what I had been given. I couldn't get over what I was reading. He loved me......I loved him......but he doesn't know it......and he left feeling that way towards me......now Jack's gone looking for him......and I'm stuck here.

He's right he has crushed my heart which may never be fixed. He loved me and he still does.....but he left.....left. Inside I'm lost not knowing what to do. I stared deep into the scribble on the page. The words I love you staring directly deep into my eyes. I can't look away; I won't look away, because I love him too. Suddenly I heard this pound so loud evaporate through the house come on the door.

My eyes diverted away from the words in front of me and led to the wooden door on the other side of the room. I didn't move from my seat and just let the banging carry on. "ASTRID YOU THERE!" I heard them call out my name. I finally stood out of my seat and placed the letter in my place and wandered towards the door and opened to be face to face with my best friend Ruffnut.

"What took you so long thought you might not be in," she wondered while barging inside my house. "Well then just come on inside," I told her but my voice was slightly mumbled. "Yeah thanks.....hey you okay?" she looked at me concerned. "What...yeah...course...what makes you think something's wrong....heh," I tried acting normal which didn't work because she crossed her arms towards me. I sighed and gave in and pointed at the letter on the seat.

She made her way towards the piece of heaven and read it quickly, looked up at me then back at the letter and back at me. "Astrid......" was all she could get out of her lips. I couldn't blame her. I sunk to the floor in defeat. "He loves me Ruff....yet he left with no reason in where's he's heading," she came and placed herself and the letter next to me. She held me close and I sobbed into her clothes.

"Jack's gone to find him, and he's what I had close to the only family I had left and yet I let him go, I should have refused." I sobbed harder into her. She ran her rough fingers through my soft honey hair and tried calming me down. "He'll come back Astrid, you have to believe that, but why don't you just reply to him back," she told me. I looked up at her and smiled. "Good, now when you're done come find me and we can get on with what we have to do today alright," I laughed and nodded. "See you in half hour, meet you in the academy," I told her. She nodded and left.

I ran over to my desk pulled out some ink and parchment and began to writing...

Dear Hiccup......