Chapter 13: Now The Fun Begins

*Knock, Knock* I'm sat at the back of the house, in the corner consumed by all my tears, escaping the world around me; well at least I'm trying to. *Knock, Knock* there it goes again, I won't answer, I need time alone, I need to get out of this, escape what I'm enduring. *Knock, Knock* please just leave, give up already, I'm not coming to answer, you should know that by now. *Knock Knock* the last two I hear before I start to fade and everything around me becomes a blur and I lose focus.

I blink, I blink a few times, see this figure come towards me and take me in their arms. I rest my head against their chest and let my eyes start to close. I hear this soothing voice before I'm finally....finally gone.

*********

I wake...I start to wake up and gather in my surroundings. I'm led in my bed with a candle lit on the stand next to it which was slowly fading out. A blanket wrapped around me keeping me warm, my hair untied as I watch it fall down in front of me. My eyes feel sore and weary and I feel weak and useless. I try sitting up but fail so I just let myself fall down. I then hear faint footsteps make their entrance to my room.

I twist my head to take a glance at who it was. Jack leans against the door and smiles at me like he usually does and says "Look who has awaken finally from passing out," he didn't make a joke out of what he was saying this time either, he was serious and he cared. I gave a small smile, well a smile which I could get out from my weak body.

He made his way over to me and sat on the bed next to me. "What happened?" I asked not recalling what even did happen. "You may have let's say went a bit confused about the place around you and well...." he stopped "I went crazy didn't I," he looked at me "If that's how you wanna put it and then you ran away saying your mom was calling you and cried and passed out," I slowly nodded. "Why?" I finally asked what was eating at me.

"Because Hic said about....about Merida being his girlfriend," Jack got out slowly. After he said that, it came rushing back to me like a heat wave. This time upset didn't boil through me, but anger and shame and....find another I can't think right now, my head is just spinning and spinning. "Astrid I'm sorry but it's weird all he ever did was talk about you and then suddenly it all changed and he...well yeah," Jack tried telling me.

"I'll tell you what happened Jack, he left....he wrote letters....you went after him....you coming back....you vanished.....HE FORGOT ABOUT BERK.....HE FORGOT ABOUT ME!!!" My voice rose as I was getting to my point and ending. Jack lowered his head and replied "He didn't forget you Astrid," he then got up and left the room leaving me to deal with my anger. He did turn back but I didn't look at him I couldn't and I wouldn't.

*********

I walked outside later that day and saw people staring and asking if I was good and of course being the great person I am I nodded and said I was great feeling much better. Heather and Ruff didn't ask they know I hate it. I made my way towards the academy and saw everyone there including Merida and Rapunzel with Hiccup. "Astrid!" Hiccup cried as he made his way over to me.

I smiled over towards him and we hugged each other lightly. Over his shoulder I could see this glare written across Merida's face. I'm not sure if anyone else could see it or if it was me hallucinating but I was pretty sure that I could see that she was glaring at me. We let go out the hug and we looked at each other deeply. He took my hands and asked "How are you feeling?" I nodded and said "Good thanks, much better just too much hard work I guess but I'm good now," he sighed in relief and hugged me tighter.

This time her glare got bigger and bigger. It wasn't a good look for her.....not good at all. We let go and I said to him "Race ya!" he looked up at me smirked at me "Your on!!.....you guys in?" we turned to others who were ready. I jumped on Stormfly and flew off before we said start "You cheater!!" He called and I laughed.

**********

After the race, I won of course, he came up to me and smiled "Well done milady," I pretended to fake bow and said "Why thank you," we laughed and went our separate ways. I couldn't help but look back at him as his auburn hair shook as he walked and as he emerald eyes reflected off everything it touched. I sighed heavily and made my way back to the house. On my way there I got pulled into a dark corner and say this faint outline of lion hair.

Merida

"What the hell?!" I screamed at her "You scared me, don't do that again will ya!" I had a go at her. She smirked evilly at me. "What is it?" I asked getting straight to the point. "I need you to do something for me," I crossed my arms "Depending in what it is but go on," I challenged. "Stay away from Hiccup, you may have had this great bond with him before but now that's long gone, he is with me and me only so take my advice or someone is going to get hurt," she threatened.

"Are you threatening me?" I stood in her face.

"Of course I am."