Chapter 11: 2 Years Later

I never forgot them, neither how long they had gone missing, people started to lose hope, they decided that the only solution was that they died, but I knew that somewhere out there they were still there, if they were gone I would know something inside of me would be missing, so I still held onto hope.....

It lasted a while, a good long while, but with no letter, no intention on their whereabouts, I started to lose hope and the feeling inside me began to fade slower by the minute, day by day the hope began to fade into darkness, leaving a whole deep inside my heart, that day I didn't just lose my friend who was like a brother to and the one I love....

But I also went and lost myself....

I changed that day, I was no longer the caring person believed that I was who had a certain temper every now and then, but I was the glare and stare of the village, people would ask me if I was okay which made me turn to who I am now....

I'm the fighter....I'm the Warrior.....The Protector of Berk.....I stay away from those I could hurt, my ruthless temper can get people injured and in some cases death, I don't mean for it to happen, it just does and it happened all because of them.....the light had finally faded within my heavy heart, nothing left to hold and keep it together....except for them

Yet now they are no longer here I will never be the same again.....Heather and Ruff are the only people I talk to nowadays, they calm me down when I need it most, they reassure me when I most need it.....they never gave up hope they knew that they were still out there somewhere.....but if they were, the question I keep asking myself is..........Why didn't they ever come back.....?

But then again I always find every question always has an answer.....one way or another we always find out?

***********

SMACK down in the rotting bark my sharp axe pierced its way through the skin of the tree. Another strip of the tree came apart and fell to the floor after all the hard work I put into attacking it. Little by little the tree would decay and be bruised from my anger and distress. I don't blame the tree of course.....I blame myself.

These woods are the only that can keep me who I am....can keep my from the harm I can cause to anyone...then again how can I not keep myself from harming myself? It's been 2 years since Hiccup and Jack have gone missing and let's say that it hasn't been easy them being gone. They were light of the party shall we say, now they are gone everything has just been doom and gloom.

Heather stayed like she said she was going to in the end, her house is right next to mine, she offered to share with me I told her no, I needed it to be just me that way I can remember Jack and everything that has happened. She understood of course....but did I? No of course I didn't I just thought it would make things easier for which it never did.

I got over myself though, no more grieving they wouldn't want that so I became my own person and most of all I grew up. Became the person that I was meant to be and always were made out to be. People can fear me if they want but that doesn't change the fact that I have protected this island from all harm that comes in our way.

I'm about to throw my axe against another tree and again until this figure stands in my way raising their hands in surrender and screaming "ASTRID DON'T THROW THE AXE IT'S ME SNOTLOUT!" I lowered my axe and looked down at him. "For Thor's sake Snotlout I could have killed ya," I muttered angrily towards him. He shrugged his shoulders as we made our way towards each other. "What is it anyway?" I asked him curious to why he would stand in front of my aim.

"There's something in the village that I think you should see.....well more like someONE!" he emphasised on the 'one' part which made me raise an eyebrow more curious than before and made my way towards the village with Stormfly with Snotlout on my heals. We made it back to the village and I raised my hand telling him to show me which way we needed to go. Again the centre of the pathetic village why does everything have to happen in the centre.

I barged past everyone I could, Heather and Ruff came my side and the sorrow but also a slight delight within their eyes made me suspicious. I moved past them and there, stood bang in the centre of the village was a boy, brown auburn chocolate hair, emerald forest eyes that shone like a million stars and standing next to him another boy with icy frost hair and icy cold eyes that froze you on the spot.

There were two other people behind them but standing in the centre staring me deeply and me staring back the same.....

Hiccup and Jack