Chapter 12: Things That Happen Around Us Always Have A Meaning

"Hey Astrid..." Jack was the first to pip up. He said it silently probably because of the glare written across my face. His head and Hiccup's head were lowered to the floor in embarrassment I expect. "We know what your gonna say and trust me we are not read-," I stormed up to him, pointing my finger at his chest "You little, inconsiderate, annoying, stuck up, mutton head, where the hell did you go, no letter, no nothing for Thor's sake," his eyes widened in shock and I saw Hiccup run his fingers through his messy auburn hair which fell across his face.

Jack did the same and spoke "Look I can explain...." I didn't I grabbed him and pulled him into my grasp and held onto him tight as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him with all I had as he did the same back to me. We broke apart after a few minutes and I turned gaze towards Hiccup, who had grown up, a lot as matter a fact. The way his hair fell against his eyes, the way his eyes sparkled like a million stars lighting up the sky, the way he still looked like a skinny boy as he just likes to eat fish.

He gazed back at me and at first we didn't say a word to each other just stood...staring. I was mesmerised by his gaze but I didn't know if he thought the same back, but I mean who would right. "So..." I trailed on, I didn't know what to say and I don't think that he did either. He looked awkward, I felt awkward around him, and then all of a sudden I felt something in my heart fall back into place, the feeling I had longed for, for such a long time.

"So..." was what he said also. This was just getting uncomfortable. "Who are they?" I decided to ask because they sort of looked left out of the conversation. "This is Rapunzel but we call her Punzie for short," he pointed towards this girl with such long, long hair, I mean it dropped to the floor and carried ongoing it was incredible. She waved happily and shook my hand "Nice to meet you," I nodded back and said "Me too I'm Astrid," she nodded "We know who you are Hiccup told us about you didn't you Hic," she nudged him playfully. Suddenly heat rose to my cheeks and I began blushing like mad. So did Hiccup who was frozen on the spot like me.

We both shook it off and he moved onto this girl who had lion hair that was bright red and was just magnificent, although when I looked at her fully there seemed something off about her, something that I just couldn't put my finger on, something just not right. "And this is Merida, my girlfriend," I froze. I was frozen on the spot I couldn't move they link hands and they kissed passionately.

I stumbled backwards. I lost balance and fell against someone. It was Jack. He looked down deeply at me with sorrow in his eyes. "Astrid are you okay?" Hiccup asked as he looked back at me. I couldn't think I didn't know what to do? "Yeah um I...I think I can hear my mom calling me...yeah I'll be right back...." I stumbled and before I ran off I heard Hiccup wonder "But Astrid your parents are.....dead," I couldn't take it. I was losing my mind.

I ran back to my house slammed the door and pushed myself against it. Tears flew from my eyes. I slide down the back and crashed to the floor and buried myself within my knees. What did I just encounter?