Epilogue: Forever Always

<8 Months Later>

Hiccup

We led down in the soft textured sand staring up into the sunny skies blue along with its fluffy clouds. Astrid's head lay there against my shoulder with her hands holding the bump on her stomach. They are supposed to be due soon and Astrid keeps getting cranky because they haven't arrived yet. Her mood swings during this have caught everyone off guard because she became more violent than she normally was and the only thing that would calm her down was here, sitting or walking along the beach. After everything that happened everything went back to normal, my dad made a new alliance with Merida's kingdom however that didn't make her and Astrid best pals, they just settled on being acquaintances and left it at that. Viggo and Hayley were gone for good so the dragons were safe in and out of the archipelago. It was peaceful just like it should have always been. "Hiccup...everything's going to change now isn't it?" I looked down at her as she looked back up at me. Her amazing azure eyes glistened against the setting sun in the distance "Yea they will, but it will be a good change," she smiled at me leaning up and resting a peck on my lips, "Good."

As the sun set we decided that it was time to start heading back to the village. I stood up first before holding my hand down to Astrid to help her out of the sand. Her small soft hand linked in between mine as I pulled her gently up from the ground. "Ready?" I questioned and she nodded, as we began to walk I felt her hand slip out from my own, I spin around quickly to see her hunching over clutching hold of her stomach. "Astrid?" I questioned moving quickly over towards her, I lifted her head slowly by her chin so she stared up at me "Their coming," and that's when I froze and completely panicked. I immediately picked Astrid up bridal style and started racing towards the village. "Hiccup?!" I zoomed past Jack and the others as I ran straight towards Gothi's hut; I rushed up the set of stairs like I had nothing left in the world and stormed into the hut without a single knock. Two heads looked our way in unison, "Oh no..." Gobber mumbled as Gothi hit him with her staff before indicating towards the bed. I placed Astrid down and just straight after I got kicked out of the room "Hey!" I began to argue but Gobber held me back "She needs space; I'll call when she's done," and the door was slammed in my face.

Soon after I heard a number of footsteps stand behind; I looked behind to see the others standing behind me all their eyes wide, some with terror and some with excitement. And then the screams erupted and all our eyes clenched together as if we were the ones in pain. Well I say all, Tuff looked excited and said "Isn't it weird how we're all just waiting outside the hut for something to come out of Astrid's stomach," we looked at him, Snotlout looked confused, Jack was glaring followed by me and Ruff while Heather and Fishlegs exchanged looks "What is that not what's happening here?" Tuff questioned all our looks. The screams soon intensified as the time went by and by, I felt my hands and legs start to shake hoping everything was alright. I hated the fact that I got kicked outside to wait while she was in the pain right in the room before me. "She's gonna be fine and so are your kids," Jack tried reassuring me placing his hands on my shoulders. I looked at him as he nodded so I shared one back.

"Urgh this is taking too long," Snotlout moaned pacing back and forth, you'd think he was the one having twins not me by the way he's acting. But immediately after he spoke the door was opened and Gobber stepped out "It's okay now," he sounded more out of breath than I think he should have to be. He nodded at me and held everyone back for a moment while I took my entrance. The room was dark and only lit by pure candle light which made the place feel warm and cosy. Gothi walked over to me and pointed over to the bed before also making her own exit. I walked over to the bed to see Astrid holding against her two babies wrapped his two blankets asleep against her "Astrid?" I questioned her name, her eyes automatically looked up towards me and she gestured me over with her; I walked over and took my seat on the edge and looked at the three of them. "Meet your son and daughter Hiccup," she handed over them each in turn first she handed over the first born, our son. I held him against my arms and looked down at him as he opened his eyes at me, they were emerald and azure eyes creating a light teal effect and he had little tuffs of auburn hair like me. He raised his hands up towards me and started playing around with my nose before reaching down to my mouth. I let out a small laugh.