Chapter 9: Coming Back.....Little Did I Know

I received often letters from Jack but not as much as I did with Hiccup. I got another one this morning from Jack it read:

Dear Astrid,

I did it; I found him and were coming home. Now let me say it wasn't easy trying to get him to come back with, but guess what he saw reason once I mentioned you which was great. I made a promise to you Astrid and I intended to keep that promise because it hurts me to find that your heart broken. But don't worry I'm coming back and so is Hiccup.

We should be home in a couple of days see you soon Astrid

Jack Frost

My heart lit up like a million fireflies when I read this. Although I had to keep re-reading it actually convince myself that this was actually happening. It's been months and he's actually coming back. I don't know how I have lasted this long but trust me the feeling hasn't been great until now!!! He's actually coming back.

I also got a letter from Hiccup, he put:

Dear Astrid,

I'm sorry for what I've done and I know that you have probably heard that I am coming back. Jack found me even though I led him on false hope making sure he didn't find me. But then again this is Jack were talking about we both know how he is.

But that's not the point, I left everyone on Berk, maybe even a few responsibilities, I left my friends, my father but most importantly I left you and that was the biggest regret and decision I have ever made in my life and I hope that I can make it up to you because I love you.

Like Jack has also probably told you were be back in a few days, I'm feeling a little nervous but then again we all have to face our fears right heh.....

I love you Astrid Hofferson

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

I read this also over and over again because he's actually coming back for real and I'm excited as Thor's.....well I dunno. I grabbed both letters and ran out the house knocking someone over in my way "HEY ASTRID WHERE YOU GOING?!" I turned around to see Ruff on the floor "SORRY RUFF CAN'T GOTTA GET TO STOICK HICCUP'S COMING BACK!" and we that she got off the floor at quick speed and joined me to go find Stoick.

I hammered down on the door and he sounded frustrated when he said 'Come in' we both tumbled down onto the ground as we both barged in at the same time. "Urgh Ruff what you do that for?" I asked annoyed, she shrugged her shoulders at me. I scoffed at her and slowly got off the ground. "Astrid, Ruffnut what is the meaning of this?" Stoick asked furiously stepping towards us. Ruff suddenly pushed me forward.

I stumbled but stood my ground and kept balance instead of falling over again. I looked up at Stoick and said "Okay sir there's something I believe that you should know and you may-,"

"Astrid I'm not in the mood to hear anything okay, I mean it's not a good day,"

"Yeah but sir trust me this is news that you will want to hear trust me on this,"

"Astrid please this is not the time, now please leave," voice rising in anger.

"URGH SIR YOUR SON IS COMING BACK TO BERK!!!!" I screamed at him.

His eyes widened in shock at me and I nodded and handed him the letters which was grasped tightly within my hands. "Jack found him sir, and there both coming back to Berk."

************

Little did I actually know been given this information that was the last I would ever hear from them both.

Little did I know that I wouldn't hear from them again?

Little did I know that this would happen....?

Because that was the very last letter I ever received.