Chapter 41: The Things We Lose Always Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End

Astrid

You feel like the amazing person in the world when you get everything you lost back into your life. You want to try and keep it so you would do anything that you ever dreamed of. The love and light of your life wanting to stay intact. But life isn't all that it's made to be. It's a trick. It's a lie. It destroys you in any way possible. That's what it's made to be.

It destroys all the good in someone's life so all they are left with is darkness. But...it's just like they say...the things we lose always have a way of coming back to us in the end...

Not always in the way we expect them to.

My life has been totally flipped upside down. At first the light in my heart had disappeared but then suddenly it came back and I turned into the person everyone knew me by. It felt better. However there was this part of me that I've felt for years. I never told anyone because what I felt was impossible. "Hey Astrid, you there?" Hiccup was calling me, I shook my head to black my thoughts away and smiled at him "Yea, I'm here," he gave a slight laugh and wrapped his arm around me as I placed my head onto his shoulder.

"So what are we doing today? Life just keeps getting more boring by the second," Snotlout moaned "You know he's got a point there, at least the stuff with Viggo and Merida wasn't boring," Tuff chimed in, I didn't think it was still on my mind but it just came out "Well what if...Viggo isn't dead..." Everyone's head perked up and looked at me curiously, "Astrid, what makes you think that? We watched him fall into a volcano, I think that's pretty good evidence don't you think?" Hiccup questioned.

"Yea...course what was I thinking?" I said thinking I was sure of my choice but deep down I wasn't sure. I got up and started to walk away "Hey, where you going?" Snotlout asked me "To go and clear my head," I told him and carried on walking. I made my way into the forest and started getting deeper and deeper. Why did I say that out loud what the hell was I thinking? Letting my anger out I went and hit a tree with my bare hand. "Shit..." I mumbled clutching my hand. I need to forget about everything I'm feeling and thinking, I'm gonna get over my head.

I carry on walking until I heard something come from the left direction. I stopped in my tracks and looked in that way. "Anybody there?" I called out but nothing happened. I carried on walking but stayed cautious of my surroundings. Now I was getting paranoid, what is wrong with me? But the noise came again. "Seriously! Who's out there?!" I called out pulling my axe out being cautious. "Astrid?" I spun around and threw my axe in the person's direction. They quickly ducked out of sight as my axe hit the tree and stood in place.

As the person stood I realised that it was Hiccup. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry," I told him, he shook his head and walked over to me "It's okay honestly, but Astrid are you feeling okay? You haven't been yourself lately," he was right, I haven't been. "I know, I'm sorry," he took hold of my hands gently and looked me in the eyes "What's on your mind?" I shook my head "It's nothing okay, I don't wanna bother you with it, in fact I don't wanna bother anyone about it," I looked away from him "Tell me, maybe I can help?" he offered. I looked back at him "I've had a weird feeling that Viggo is...still alive, hence the conversation earlier," he was about to comment but I carried on "I know what your gonna say and I know that's it's impossible but the feeling I feel is what I felt about Merida and I got that right, so I think I'm right about this."

As soon as those words escaped my mouth an explosion occurred from the village. I looked at Hiccup and we both ran to the village to see that the whole place was on fire. Who would do this? We found the others and Hiccup said "What happened?" Jack spoke up, "Let's just say that the Viggo suspicion is no longer a suspicion," I was right...he was alive. They all looked at me astounded of how I knew of this information. I started walking away from them "I don't know how I knew okay guys, you have to believe me," I was telling them still walking backwards as they were coming forwards. "Astrid, it's okay," Hiccup was telling me reaching for me hand but I pulled back "No it's not," and I ran.

"ASTRID WAIT!" and they started running after me. An explosion suddenly hit the place I ran to and all I remember is being thrown backwards and everything going completely black.

**********

Hiccup

We were sat next to Astrid. She's been out for the last four hours and hasn't made any progress. Why did this keep happening to her? Everyone was trying to make something useful out of this but it wasn't working out very well. I looked down at Astrid and held onto her hand "Come on Astrid...wake up," I whispered. Then all of a sudden her hand twitched, as did her eyes and everyone came over.

"Astrid?" I asked, her body lifted from the bed as she sat up and looked at all of us, "I'm sorry but who are you?"