Chapter 1

Karla woke up with a startle, after hearing a loud bang coming from downstairs. She sat up in bed quickly and looked at her bedside table clock, 3:04am. She stood up and grabbed her hockey stick that she had put by her school bag, so she didn't forget it in the morning, and opened the door.

As Karla walked along the long hallway and tiptoed downstairs, she felt her heartbeat increase to the point she thought she could actually hear it. When she got to the bottom of the stairs, she heard rummaging around to her left and the kitchen light was on.

Karla peered around the corner and jumped out screaming when she saw Kim walking towards her, making her jump.

"I'm not that ugly, am I?" Kim chuckled.

"Kim!" Karla exclaimed, "What are you doing? It's three in the morning!"

"North left her bottle here and I had to get it." Kim said, holding up a bottle.

"So? You couldn't of waited until morning?" Karla questioned, frowning. "I have school tomorrow."

"Then go back to bed." Kim said, whilst looking through the cupboards.

Karla rolled her eyes and dragged the hockey stick behind her, on the tiled flooring. Typical, she thought, of course it was Kim. As she got back to her room, she dumped the stick on the floor and collapsed down in bed and double-checked that her alarm was on. Thank god it was Friday the next day.

* * *

It was bright and early now and Karla had just gotten out of the shower and was now picking out clothes. She went for brown wide-legged jeans, a graphic t-shirt and black converse high-tops.

Karla grabbed her black backpack and hockey stick and made her way downstairs. As she walked through they kitchen, she was surprised to see Kendall and Kylie sat around the kitchen and arguing. Well, not that they were arguing but the fact they were awake.

"Kylie, stop being so immature and just tell me!" Kendall shouted, "You're such a bitch."

Kylie giggled and continued looking down at her phone.

"Jeez, who pissed in her cereal this morning?" Karla asked Kylie.

Kylie laughed loudly and covered her mouth with her hand. "She's just annoyed because at the party last night she made out with someone and I won't tell her but she was too drunk to remember."

Karla laughed and grabbed an orange juice from the fridge and put it in her backpack.

"Karla, how are you getting to school?" Kendall asked, changing the subject and clearly annoyed.

"My feet, I'm walking." Karla said.

"No your not, I'll drop you off." Kendall said, going over to the key hook and getting her car keys.

"Ugh, why can't I just walk?" Karla groaned.

"Because the paps wait outside the gates and it's not safe, we've been over this a billion times." Kendall said.

"Fineeeeee." Karla sighed, dramatically and grabbed a granola bar from the pantry. "See you later, Kylie!" She said, ruffling up her hair.

Kendall and Karla got into Kendall's car and both stayed quiet for the majority of the ride until they pulled up outside the school.

"So I'll see you at the match," Kendall said.

"What? Why are you coming?" Karla questioned, quickly. She did not want anyone there.

"We're all coming. It's the final one of the season, you didn't think we'd miss it, did you?" Kendall answered.

"Please no!" Karla begged.

"Sorry, we're coming." Kendall said, with her tongue stuck out, "Now get your sorry arse in that building and educate your brain."

Karla groaned and stuck her middle finger up at Kendall, before getting out the car and making her way inside the building. The school days were all the same for Karla, they involved getting stared at, teachers making snarky comments about her wealth, as well as other students and cursing her family life. Of course she had friends, she had a lot and people did like her but Karla was very wary on who she trusted and who she let in because of her position in fame and wealth.

Karla opened the big doors and down the busy corridors, ignoring staring and glaring. She got to her locker and put her hockey stick in and got out textbooks she needed.

She made her way to her first lesson, which was Advanced English literature, it was a surprise to the teachers and the public that she was incredibly smart but Karla didn't let it bother her. English was pretty easy, it was just reading to book she was currently studying and annotating the pages, ready for an essay after spring break.

The rest of her lessons were easy, seeing as it was the last day before spring break, either teachers were sick so you had a supply or it was just simple things like watching a documentary and taking notes. But now it was the hockey match and the nerves were settling in for Karla.

They got out on the playing field and when Karla looked up and the stands, she was not one bit surprised to see all of her family there to support her. Karla rolled her eyes and waved to them. They all waved back excitedly, as if they didn't think Karla would even notice them.

The referee called everyone to starting positions and everyone eyes their opposing teams. They were going down.