Chapter Nine

Avery's outfit for party

××

I was going to hand in my homework but remembered that I handed in my homework early. Like normal. Which is a good thing but the teachers always forget and ask me why I forgot my homework. So I decided to make up an excuse. Just to have a little bit of fun at first.

1) Dog ate it

2) Didn't have time

3) Mum accidentally threw it out

4) Sister used it to cut out stuff

5) I have a life

I thought back to when people use to use excuses like these. It didn't end well.

I stopped at my locker and put my code in, the locker door opened and a note fell out.

Party at my house, your welcome to bring a friend.

I wonder who it's from,

Chase.

It just has to be Chase. I'm definitely not coming. I was too busy in thought that I didn't hear someone come up behind me until I heard a squeal. My hand instantly flew to my ears and I instantly glared at the source..

"We're invited to a party-" Charlie kept singing.

"First of all I'm not going and secondly, please shut up I think the people from mars can hear you" I said cutting her off

"First of all we are going and second of all, there are no humans on mars" she replied copying off my actions. I rolled my eyes.

"We're not"

"We are"

"We're not"

"We are"

"We're not"

"We are!"

I groaned realising there was no point. What's the worst that's at a party? Alcohol, drugs, dancing, sweaty bodies. I glanced at Charlie's pleading eyes.

"Fine" I sighed out.

"Yes" Charlie literally squealed.

"Ok so were gonna need to-" Charlie rambled on about the party.

"Charlie" I stared at her giving her a pointed look.

She snapped out of it. "Yes"

"Shut up" I replied already annoyed as I started to dread the night ahead.

××

I glanced at my outfit, the blue mini dress ended mid-thigh with a cute bow at the back and I paired the dress with silver heels. I put on light concealer and foundation using a sparkly highlighter, ending with bold eyeliner and dark eye shadow pallet. I finished it off by straightening my hair and wearing a silver necklace engraved with my name. Any other day I wouldn't care about my hair or make up but Charlie was taking forever to get ready that I was so bored I did my make-up and hair. I never thought I'd ever say that.

 Even when I was done everything, Charlie hadn't even chosen a dress.

"I like this one. It'll look really nice on me, but this one matches my eyes-" I think this would've gone on for an hour.

"Charlie this one" I said giving her a random dress to her and pushing her into the bathroom to get changed.

Soon later she came out. "You were right. This one's really nice. How'd you know?"

"I call it the get a random dress and throw it at them style" I replied back as she gave me a pointed look.

"Charlie we have to go, it's already 8:45" I said. Not that I wanted to go. Wait, that makes no sense..

"Nu uh uh. I still have to do my makeup and your hair" she replied.

I groaned and decided to eat. I tend to eat a lot when I'm bored. A habit that I have to get out of.

Another 30 minutes has passed and we were ready as we took Charlie's car and drove to Chase's house.

It was only about a five minute drive before we arrived. This house could have been spotted five streets down due to its blaring music and flashy neon lights. People I didn't recognise stood throughout the house, piling onto the front lawn. We made our way into the house, disregarding the people passed out on the front lawn.

It took me a minute to adjust to the music and dark rooms with flashy lights. "I'll go get the drinks" Charlie said and walked off.

I felt a tap on my back to see the one and only person I hate on earth. Lacy.

Why does Charlie always leave at the wrong time?

"No one invited you here" she glared at me.

Um Wrong. See if you asked your boyfriend Chase, you'd know I was invited.

"No one invited you to earth but you still came" I replied back. She just glared at me and strutted away.

I grabbed the cup Charlie held and downed down the whole cup. She raised a brow at me.

"I'm gonna go find something stronger" I told her before walking off.