Chapter Thirty-five

So here you go as promised a long chapter just for you guys.
Btw you might wanna get your guns out because you'll be needing it ;)

××

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I spoke still amazed.

Mary opened the door. "Xavier requests your appearance in his office"

I thanked her and quickly left the room to go to his office.

It's pretty weird considering Damien said not to go in there, but anyway I trust Mary.

I knocked on his office door and heard a tired "come in".

I slowly opened the door and walked in.

"Yes?" Xavier asked blankly.

"You requested my appearance?" I asked unsure, now I'm really starting to doubt Mary.

"Yes, take a seat" Xavier said.

I sat down on the chair opposite Xavier making sure to get comfortable.

"Okay, there is one more important rule that you need to know which is you cannot under any circumstances  leave the house without telling me or having no security guards around you. This is for your own safety. Are we clear or is that too much information for your tiny brain to register?" Xavier asked with his arrogant smirk.

"I'm seriously not that dumb" I said annoyed.

"Anyway the other reason that I called you was to say that I have a girlfriend" Xavier said blankly. 

And?

"So?" I asked chuckling.

"And that girl is Isabelle" Xavier replied.

"Isabelle as in Isabelle my cousin?" I asked with an amused look knowing that wasn't the right Isabelle.

I swear I was joking when I said that. But his unfazed look only meant the opposite.

"Sì" Xavier said staring in my eyes to see my reaction.

I started laughing. "Your joking?" 

"I don't joke" Xavier said with a stern face.

"What? How?" I asked in disbelief.

"It's none of your business" he bluntly replied. "From what I heard you guys have some sort of conflict and she's living in the house so dispose of the bodies elsewhere please. She also tends to pop out of nowhere so don't be surprised"

I gave him a distant look. Firstly, why the hell is it Isabelle? He could've chosen any other girl in the world but it just happened to be my cousin. Secondly, did he seriously mean that? Dispose of the bodies like we're some sort of serial killers. Don't get me wrong I hate Isabelle but at the end of the day she is still my cousin.

Suddenly the door barged opened and in came Isabelle. "Honey, I'm hom-" Isabelle started but stopped when she saw me.

Talk about popping out of nowhere.

"Welcome to the party" I muttered.

Isabelle just stood there so I decided to jump in.

"Oh my gosh It's sure been such a long time" I stood up giving her a fake smile and crushing her in a hug. Hoping I'd crush the living daylight out of her.

As I stood back I took in her shocked face and I was drawn to her skimpy clothes. "And what different clothes you have, are you sure you got the right size? I think you need bigger clothes in my opinion" I turned to Xavier to see his amused face.

"What is she doing here" Isabelle screeched, pointing at me.

"Oh it's great to see you too cuz" I smiled.

"Look it's just business" Xavier said.

"That involves her staying here?" Isabelle asked.

"Do not question me" Xavier said coldly.

I looked at Isabelle's arms and saw a lot of shopping bags. Gold digger my conscious self sneered. My thoughts exactly.

"Oh my Isabelle, you have really out done yourself, how much money did you spend?" I asked whilst Isabelle death glared at me.

"But that's definitely not my business so byeeee" I dragged on and hurried out of the room.

As soon as I shut the door I look at the huge hallway, not knowing what to do. I debated whether to go back in to ask Xavier where the kitchen was but decided against it. I started walking along the walkway somehow finding the staircase and walking down as I passed the front door. I halted as my hand reached out to open the door but remembered what Xavier had warned me.

If I left I would risk going home to John and I did make a deal with Xavier, which I know I can't go back on.

I turned around not giving another thought to it as I tried finding the kitchen.

Thankfully I found a huge kitchen opposite a large dining room.

I opened the cupboards in delight as I found food heaven. For some reason I had a craving for ice cream so I opened the freezer drawer and to my luck, there was a whole six shelves designated for ice cream.

I scanned all of the ice cream flavours ranging from vanilla, mint, Neapolitan, peaches and cream to peanut butter ice cream. And that was only six out of the hundred they had. My eyes stopped at a particular ice cream. Cookies and cream. My favourite ice cream was staring back at me daring me to take it. I noticed on top of the ice cream tub there was a sticky note with capital letters reading:

DO NOT EAT THIS - DAMIEN

I looked around to see if anyone was around but no one was so I decided to eat it. I might seem like a bitch but most people would do what I'm about to do.

I got the ice cream and a spoon and started eating the deliciousness. I instantly melted into heaven when I ate it.

××

I felt disappointed as I realised I had literally ate most of the tub. There was literally three Spoonful's left and I realised I hadn't thought this through. But food does that to you, you have one bite and you can't ever seem to stop. I decided to finish eating it and put the sticky note on another tub of ice cream. It's a house full of guys, there's a good chance Damien won't know it's me.

As I lifted the spoon to my mouth I heard the door open and I immediately paused. Shit.

I stayed still waiting to see if it's Damien. Two men that I haven't seen before walked in. Thank god. The men looked at me and the blonde one looked at me then the ice cream. "Damien's gonna kill you" he chuckled.

Well at least he's not here, because then I'd be in deep shit.

Spoke too soon.

I hadn't realised the door had opened and Damien walked in with a smile on his face. However as soon as he caught sight of the ice cream and the spoon his face dropped. Literally. 

Damien shifted his eyes to mine and a new look overtook him. I can tell you it was a look you didn't want to mess with. His eyes turned darker and he glared at me with such intensity. 

"Fuck my life" I mumbled.

××

Thoughts? You gotta love Isabelle right? Always popping out of nowhere. And Damien's love for ice cream might just be the end of Avery.

Remember to comment and vote
~ Ashley