Chapter Thirty-two

Suddenly the door opened and my eyes flicked to the two figures walking in. Chase walked in holding a gun to a child's head. 

The girl looked to be around the age of five and has beautiful wavy brown hair with bright brown eyes. She has tears streaming down her face and I looked at Xavier in horror.

He simply shrugged . "She's in the same boat as you, except her parents weren't that willing to give away their child"

I couldn't believe it. How can anyone take ownership of anyone especially when that includes a child?

I gritted my teeth at him pointing my hand at her. "She's a child!" I yelled at him defensively.

I didn't know the girl but I felt disgusted at his actions. They can't take a child and bring her into this monstrous world.

He raised a brow unfazed. "And..?"

Something flickered in his eyes.. amusement. I couldn't believe it. He found this amusing.

I took several steps forward and stopped in front of him anger filling me. He gave me the same blank expression as he brought the cigarette to his mouth and blew out, smoke nearing my voice.

I swear I tried to hold it in, but this Xavier guy was getting on my nerves. "You think this is funny? Of course it is. Claiming two random people, one of them being an innocent kid. Yeah your right that's hilarious. I guess we must follow orders from the boss then. Oh listen to him, don't talk back to him, answer his questions. Do this, do that. You know what? Fuck you. I will not do what you say and I am not yours. You know what-"

I stopped when I heard him laughing. His deep chuckle filling the now silent room. Yet it wasn't one of those humorous laughs, it was deadly. He stopped and I took in the switch in emotions. His eyes had turned darker and he looked ruthless.

It was then that I knew I was truly doomed. From the look he was giving me I knew I wasn't going to last long.

He took a step closer to me and we were inches apart. I realised he had switched his cigarette to a blade. "You know you have quite a big mouth" he started moving the blade down my cheek as I closed my eyes as the blade made contact with my skin. In a cold tone he continued, "It's amazing how one movement can cause you your whole life. Such a shame-" I willed myself to open my eyes, to not let him see the fear and I was met with his electric blue eyes gazing into mine. "-a beauty gone to waste"

I gave him a blank expression, trying to ignore the blade pressed against my skin. He noticed my unaffected expression and leaned back as relief instantly filled me.

He cocked his head to the side. "See there are other ways" He leaned in dangerously close "I don't need to physically touch you to hurt you"

My brows furrowed as I tried connecting the dots.

He turned his attention to the sobbing girl being pulled roughly by Chase. He signalled for Chase to come closer and he did as told bringing her with him. I watched as Xavier moved towards the girl and lifted her chin with his finger.

"What is your name?" He asked her.

She tried calming down, and looked at me for help.

"Please don't hurt me" she managed to whisper.

I gave Xavier a pleading look. "Please leave her alone" I tried walking towards the girl but someone held me back.

He ignored me as he repeated himself. "What is your name?" his tone sliced through the air.

"Lola"

He shook his head at her. "Didn't your parents ever teach you to answer questions when asked?"

She looked down at her feet as more tears came tumbling down her face.

I could tell he was about to do something and I didn't know if he was going to harm her so I did something spontaneous.

I elbowed whoever was holding me in the chest rather hard as the person instantly let go of me and I sort of tackled Xavier to the ground. It's not like I could have done anything else and standing around watching the scene unfold wasn't an option.

We both stumbled down and fortunately I had the upper hand as I was on top of him. Before I could move he managed to roll us over and I was no longer on top as my head slightly hit the concrete ground.

He stared intensely into my eyes making my breath hitch and it felt like eternity.

Thankfully someone opened the door making me as I instantly looked away.

Sir, the police have agreed to the conditions"

"Duty calls" I whispered hoping he'd move off me and stop scanning my every move. To my luck he did and I slowly sat up.

"What are you going to do with her?" I asked. I knew I shouldn't be talking to him but I wanted him to let her go.

He contemplated the thought.

"Because she's really young and can't be as useful. Please I will stop fighting whatever my fate is and I promise to accept whatever you want me to do. Just please send her back to her parents" I pleaded him hoping he'd hear my plea.

I knew it wasn't a great deal because they were going to make me do whatever they wanted but I had to try.

"You promise to not be a pain in my ass?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes holding up my pinky in a childish matter. "I can't promise I won't be a pain but I pinky promise that I will willingly do whatever you want me to do"

He looked at me before looking at Lola. He ran a hand through his hair before nodding toward Damien. I couldn't read his expression so I didn't know what the response meant. On the other hand Damien seemed sympathetic towards the situation and instead held the girls hand as he gently led her out.

I didn't know what that answer meant but Xavier silenced me as they exited the room blocking my view.

He made a move to walk past me but stopped when he was next to me, talking in a low tone, "You should never promise something like that, not in world like this one" his eyes slightly softened.

I didn't say a word choosing to actually be smart and follow Xavier outside the building to the parked cars.

He opened the doorfor me to get in and I did without a word.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

At least I had the right to know.

He glanced at me. "To grab your stuff"

That meant going home and I couldn't wait to see mum, to tell her about John's dirty deal.

Surely Josh would know about this too.

It seemed as though Xavier read my thoughts. "Josh doesn't know a thing. I texted him saying you're going away for a while to boarding school and not to worry about you"

It was pretty smart. I always told Josh that I was thinking of going to boarding school. Damn him for being so smart.

Another thought entered my mind. I wanted to know what happened to Lola, if she was going home.

He also caught onto my thought. "The girls going home. It seemed pretty smart to get your cooperation instead of forcing you"

I wanted to scoff and tell him that he was forcing me. However I was rather surprised he let Lola go. I was more relieved that she was safe.

I decided against it and instead stared out the window taking in my house. Most likely the last time I'll ever see it.

"Home sweet home" I murmured.

××

So how was this chapter? And what do you think about Xavier kidnapping  Avery? I will most likely be updating on Tuesday so till then. Also thank you guys so much 'I'm Back Bitches' has reached #15 in teen fiction. Love you guys so much xx.

Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley.